HybridZ

Mom and youngest brother in the hospital

Ferrariferg

My mom and youngest brother were in a car wreck yesterday. My moms car was T-boned at an intersection by an SUV doing about 60 MPH. The car was hit on the passenger side where my brother was. My brothers head went through the window (not the wind shield). The car was spun around several times and was tossed about 50-60 feet down and across the road. My brother had to be air lifted to Harborview in Seattle and my mom was taken by ambulance a few hours later. My brother has a fractured skull, blood on the brain, swelling of the brain, fractured wrist, and a possible broken shoulder. He is in critical but stable condition. My mom has several broken vertebrates, internal bleeding, and her kidneys might be failing. She might need surgery but I havn't heard anything more since I left the hospital this morning. I plan on going back in a couple hours.

If your religious please say a prayer for them. This is a very hard time for me and the rest of my family.

I recently went through this with a really good friend of mine - guy made a left turn through an intersection right in front of him, he was on his bike and wasn't able to slow down in time...he fought in the hospital for a day, but couldn't pull through. I'll pray that your family turns out more fortunate than him, because it's horrible how quickly something so precious can be taken away from you so abruptly.