HybridZ

Fastest Factory 4 Speed?

jc052685

I was talking with a buddy the other day and we were joking that I must have the fastest 4 spd z. Not because it cant handle it but becaust anyone going as fast as I am right now surely would have swaped in a 5-spd. I had a 5-spd but blew 5th gear. Now I know that I could not have the fastest 4-spd so who does? Maybe post up your fasted 1/4 mile time or dyno on a 4-spd tranny. Maybe I have some kind of record here lol!

Yea, I'll stick with my 4 speed until I break it haha. And when I do, I'll just swap it out for one of my extra 4 speeds lol. Overdrive isn't really that big of a deal for me because I usually try to take back roads when I drive the Z.

With my 4-spd the shifter seems to jiggle quite a bit while in gear, it wasn't tight in there like with my Mustang and Celica were. Is this normal? For the whole 5 hours I was able to drive it, didn't seem to be an issue.

Replace the shifter bushings. Or deal with it. Mine are wiped but it does not bother me at all.

Yea, I'll stick with my 4 speed until I break it haha. And when I do, I'll just swap it out for one of my extra 4 speeds lol.

Kinda what I am planning except a 5spd will go in. I tossed this one in by mistake and I fugured screw it, I will leave it till it blows. Just keeps me from toasting another 5-spd till later lol.

And here is a vid from today......

Oh hey was also meaning to ask you- What tired did you run to get youe 11.8x and are you on the stock open dif? r200? Lsd? Would love some more information

Running a 215-60-14 BFG Drag Radial @ 14psi

Open 3.7 or 3.9 r200. Dont remember because I went through like 4 of them in like a month or so. Kept destroying the spider gears.

There is realy NOTHING special about this car. I have wondered lately why I dont see more of you guys with 11's.

Basicaly its a stock l28 with a big turbo. I run megasquirt to tune. Have a 60mm TB, BIG intercooler and open exhaust. Obviously I have the suporting mods like fuel pump and injectors. I do have a lonewolf large runner intake manifold being built as this is typed though. I will be running 120lb/hr injectors and dual walbro 255s once I get the manifold back. Only runing 17psi boost right now. Going to run 22psi at least once on the dyno before I install the LW manifold. Then back to the dyno!!!!!!!!!(and track)

Nice. You have low compression engine or no? Got any more videos of your car. What clutch are you running? What gear fluid should I run in my 4spd(dont care about what it costs, redline shockproof?

I have a 78 4spd out of a 2+2 car in my 76 so it has the bigger clutch(turbo or z31 one). Hopefully it will hold up for a while.

Its a .020 over bore on a L28e. Block is early 280zx, head is p90, head gasket is felpro. I run just cheapo gear oil in my tranny. I ran a factory turbo up to 200whp and 275wtq. Center force DF till about 250whp and 315wtq. Now runing the clutch below.

This is the clutch I a runing (not where I bought it, dont know anything about them)

http://www.spooledmotorsports.com/miscpage.php?misc=ACT%20Clutch%20Kit%20(79-83%20Nissan%20280Z%2C%20280ZX%20Turbo)%20-%204%20Pad%20Race%20Disc%20Version

VIDS OF MY CAR

OLD VID only 5 psi LOL