HybridZ

The Answer to Life

ShaggyZ

You can't just have good thoughts, you gotta do something about it!

sinus.jpg

neti_pot.jpg

My wife and I neti potted for the first time this weekend. I've always had kinda clogged sinuses, especially in the morning. Air purifiers don't work. So far, I'm very pleased with the results - I feel like I can actually breathe solely in/out of my nose instead of partially relying on my mouth. That kinda makes me seem like one of those really fat guys who breathes loudly in/out of his mouth loudly - I'm not... I'm hot!

Now we're looking for a couples nasal irrigation so we can do it together at the same time.

Sweet video demonstration from some dude:

For reference of hilarity for those of you not up at crazy hours when the crazy people are out crazing around: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=147114

• Administrators
You can't just have good thoughts, you gotta do something about it!

- I feel like I can actually breathe solely in/out of my nose instead of partially relying on my mouth. That kinda makes me seem like one of those really fat guys who breathes loudly in/out of his mouth loudly - I'm not... I'm hot!

Shagster,

Face it. You're an open mouth breather, and that’s ok! There's a delicate corneal inversion procedure that may help. A multi-opti-pupil-optomy. But, in order to keep from damaging the eye sockets, they've got to go in through the rectum.mummy.gif

It's not all bad. Everyone has some sort of physical and/or physiological issues. Take RTz for instance and his inability to sit in any vehicle without gracing the glass with his tongue?!?!clown.gif I’ve come to the point in my life that I can publicly discuss my issue. Constantly getting the crap kicked out of me because women, (mostly attractive ones), single, married, etc, are so attracted to me that their significant others are overcome with raging jealously. It is a curse really, my cross to carry.cool.gif

Edited by BRAAP

I have REALLY bad nasal issues. Had my nose broken 4 times (5 if you count the surgery to fix it--and no I didn't break it in fights I just like to smash my face into things like trees, steering wheels, the ground, etc) and despite the surgery I have a badly deviated septum. On top of that I have horrible seasonal allergies to grass and weeds. Anyway, I use the squeeze bottle instead of the neti pot, but I too can testify that the thing works. It doesn't make my allergies go away, far from it, but it does reduce the severity enough to make it well worth the effort.

This year I'm on allergy shots, so we'll see how that goes. Normally from about March to July is my really bad time of year, I just started taking my allergy meds 4 days ago, so the shots seem to be helping so far, although we had a brutal winter so it may just be that spring takes a little longer to kick into gear and I get just as miserable later on. I'll know soon enough...

Anyway, I use the squeeze bottle instead of the neti pot, but I too can testify that the thing works. It doesn't make my allergies go away, far from it, but it does reduce the severity enough to make it well worth the effort.

I never tried the squeeze bottle but can attest the pot is very effective for a good sinus cleanse; especially on those days the pollen count is up and you can feel that migraine coming on from the sinus pressure. You have a long road ahead of you w/ the allergy shots but my son seems to be doing much better after 1 1/2 years of the shots! Although, part of your relief may be 'mental' knowing you're being treated for your sufferage but my son did start feeling a noticeable difference after the first couple of months of the shots; yes, time will tell... hang in there. :shock:

I never tried the squeeze bottle but can attest the pot is very effective for a good sinus cleanse; especially on those days the pollen count is up and you can feel that migraine coming on from the sinus pressure. You have a long road ahead of you w/ the allergy shots but my son seems to be doing much better after 1 1/2 years of the shots! Although, part of your relief may be 'mental' knowing you're being treated for your sufferage but my son did start feeling a noticeable difference after the first couple of months of the shots; yes, time will tell... hang in there. :shock:

I'm already in the "maintenance" phase where I only have to go once every three weeks (started them last fall after allergy season was over for me). I doubled up on the earlier phases so that I could hit the maintenance dose before allergy season hit. I think that means that the shots should be as effective as they're going to be already.

I’ve come to the point in my life that I can publicly discuss my issue. Constantly getting the crap kicked out of me because women, (mostly attractive ones), single, married, etc, are so attracted to me that their significant others are overcome with raging jealously. It is a curse really, my cross to carry.cool.gif

and thats why BRAAP lives out in the woods :mrgreen:

I have REALLY bad nasal issues. Had my nose broken 4 times (5 if you count the surgery to fix it--and no I didn't break it in fights I just like to smash my face into things like trees, steering wheels, the ground, etc) and despite the surgery I have a badly deviated septum. On top of that I have horrible seasonal allergies to grass and weeds. Anyway, I use the squeeze bottle instead of the neti pot, but I too can testify that the thing works. It doesn't make my allergies go away, far from it, but it does reduce the severity enough to make it well worth the effort.

This year I'm on allergy shots, so we'll see how that goes. Normally from about March to July is my really bad time of year, I just started taking my allergy meds 4 days ago, so the shots seem to be helping so far, although we had a brutal winter so it may just be that spring takes a little longer to kick into gear and I get just as miserable later on. I'll know soon enough...

I'm in pretty much the same boat as you. I had my nose broken (kicked in the face in tae kwan do when I was younger) and usually can't breath out of my left nostril. I also have seasonal allergies, so spring is usually pretty rough. My girl friend got one of the sinus rinse bottles last fall but she refuses to use it so I do. I haven't tried it for allergies but it's great for winter colds/ sinus infections. It's amazing how much green/brown crap is up in your head. :ugg:

I use a generic version of that in form of a bottle/squirter and a salt/saline solution, called NasalRinse (at longs drugs, usually about 9 bucks), works well. Started using it after the surgery I had for biturbinate ifflamation/infection

My sister swears by the netti pot (shes a nurse) and she really wants me to get one.

I just haven't gone and got one yet, I just think it's a lil weird.

I've never tried the pot style, but the bottle is nice since you keep your head tilted down the whole time. That way little to no water runs down into your throat. Also it blasts out the big boogies better :mrgreen:

I had my nose broken (kicked in the face in tae kwan do when I was younger) and usually can't breath out of my left nostril.

...It's amazing how much green/brown crap is up in your head. :ugg:

I've never been able to forgive myself for that, poor kid went flying about 15ft... I sure hope it wasn't you (circa 1976) :shock:

You folks that are reluctant to try the sinus rinse don't know what you're missing... instant relief if you suffer from allergies, work in a dusty environment, etc.

You guys that work in a garage could benefit from this also; TRY IT already...

I use a generic version of that in form of a bottle/squirter and a salt/saline solution, called NasalRinse (at longs drugs, usually about 9 bucks), works well. Started using it after the surgery I had for biturbinate ifflamation/infection

That's what I'm using and where I got it too.

I've actually suffered most of my life from nearly constant partial congestion and narrow nasal passages, you guys have me wondering if this would help.

Certainly looks bizarre / uncomfortable, though.

Just do it! Granted, it is weird but you just have to follow the directions and relax; you won't drown and feels incredible when done correctly... imagine the warm saline solution cleaning all that crap out of your head and flushing it down the drain. :mrgreen:

You will breath better!

Just do it! Granted, it is weird but you just have to follow the directions and relax; you won't drown and feels incredible when done correctly... imagine the warm saline solution cleaning all that crap out of your head and flushing it down the drain. :mrgreen:

You will breath better!

Yes, just do it!

Also, all that green/brown crap turns black and tastes metallic if you have been grinding in the garage all day on weld preps etc. Need to get that out. It feels so good to breathe again. I use a mask when grinding and sanding but a lot of crap still gets thru.

Gave this a shot tonight, I no longer have a runny nose(been battling a cold), but I still have use of only one nostril(and it's shifted from one side to the other), and my left ear is full of water!

Hopefully it'll level out while I'm asleep. My ear is driving me insane!

Gave this a shot tonight, I no longer have a runny nose(been battling a cold), but I still have use of only one nostril(and it's shifted from one side to the other), and my left ear is full of water!

Hopefully it'll level out while I'm asleep. My ear is driving me insane!

Is this a self-diagnosis? You may have a sinus infection... if your mucus is colored (green, yellow, brown, etc) then you probably do and need antibiotics (I'm not a doctor but speak from experience).