HybridZ

VIDEO at the road corse

big-phil

This is our Z car club. Cowtown z car club of Ft. Worth Texas. We went to Cresson Tx. I'll have more videos. This one is of mostly Chris and his 400whp car blowing his trans he just put in 2 days before:(

My car is stripped down for the painter so I'm just there shooting video.

No double man mini bike wheely vids?

we should of got that!! I'm working on our drive video, but when the computer is on for awhile it gives me errors, so it might not let me Finnish it. I've tried twice. I need to blow out the dust, so it wont overheat.

In the video, I think I heard someone (Phil or the woman... hard to tell) say Chris thinks it's one of his seals on his turbocharger.

yes I have the voice of an angel, and thus I sometimes sound like a girl...lol

Its his rear oil seal in the turbo he is thinking.

Oil smoke! I lost the turbo oil seal on the second ride and drive, I've been running the same turbo for about 5 years so I'm not really shocked, it seemed to suck just enough oil at high vacuum/rpm to spew out the vapor trail in the video.

Then the transmission blew sky high, it sounds like a coffee can full of marbles being shaken around under the car, it locked up in 4th at around 125 MPH or so, putting me WAY off the end of the longest straight, I should have maybe brought a change of drawers! all in all, not a great day for the home team. Still loads of fun though. My car would be brutally fast on the road course if it didn't have quite such a hack for a driver, although I didn't spin at all this year, so I'm improving.

The best part of the day was Brian in his N/A 280zx, his car made 132whp at our Dyno day last year, has a relatively mild suspension set up, and the same Falken Azenis tires I'm running (rears now flat spotted, ugh!) and he was probably running the lowest lap times of anyone there, the guy can REALLY drive, he holds an SCCA license, and it sure shows.

Anyone who has the opportunity to run a track day really should consider it, we had everything from stock and built up 350Z's, S-30s, S-130s (Club president David was looking strong in his S-130 turbo, until the brakes went away) a couple Z-31's and a lone Z32TT, heck even a stone stock Honda civic and a couple Corvettes later in the day.

I'll be back for sure, but I am absolutely done with the early transmissions, I had completely gone through this trans, all new bearings and syncros, seals and shift rod pins, and it lasted about 30 minutes on track, I'm curious to get it apart and see what failed, I'm guessing either the front countershaft bearing went, or 4th gear is missing a bunch of teeth and they're rattling around in the bottom of the case. Good Times.

Oil smoke! I lost the turbo oil seal on the second ride and drive, I've been running the same turbo for about 5 years so I'm not really shocked, it seemed to suck just enough oil at high vacuum/rpm to spew out the vapor trail in the video.

Then the transmission blew sky high, it sounds like a coffee can full of marbles being shaken around under the car, it locked up in 4th at around 125 MPH or so, putting me WAY off the end of the longest straight, I should have maybe brought a change of drawers! all in all, not a great day for the home team. Still loads of fun though. My car would be brutally fast on the road course if it didn't have quite such a hack for a driver, although I didn't spin at all this year, so I'm improving.

The best part of the day was Brian in his N/A 280zx, his car made 132whp at our Dyno day last year, has a relatively mild suspension set up, and the same Falken Azenis tires I'm running (rears now flat spotted, ugh!) and he was probably running the lowest lap times of anyone there, the guy can REALLY drive, he holds an SCCA license, and it sure shows.

Anyone who has the opportunity to run a track day really should consider it, we had everything from stock and built up 350Z's, S-30s, S-130s (Club president David was looking strong in his S-130 turbo, until the brakes went away) a couple Z-31's and a lone Z32TT, heck even a stone stock Honda civic and a couple Corvettes later in the day.

I'll be back for sure, but I am absolutely done with the early transmissions, I had completely gone through this trans, all new bearings and syncros, seals and shift rod pins, and it lasted about 30 minutes on track, I'm curious to get it apart and see what failed, I'm guessing either the front countershaft bearing went, or 4th gear is missing a bunch of teeth and they're rattling around in the bottom of the case. Good Times.

here is a perfect example to not look at how many posts someone has under their names! That friends is Chris, owner of the blue Z. (You at work my brotha??)

Yep, work. Moving Americas rail traffic at maximum authorized speed! Getting paid to surf HybridZ, apparently they have redone the servers here at the office, so I can now get onto the site for the first time in years, Yeah!

Well you know what that means? Your going to become a post whore, then people will think you know what your really talking about, although mostly, you do:icon15:

Chris, sucks about the tranny and the turbo man. Im glad it didnt cause you to wreck into anything. I cannot wait to get my Z on a road course. I will be autoXing her for the first time with this turbo on sunday. Im now running a 240sx tranny and Hope she holds the power. I hope all goes well for you on what ever tranny you go with.. Love the car dude and I hope to meet up with you and Phil next time Im in the area.

Gabe