HybridZ

Stainless Gas tank straps for 240Z

I have seen the parts for the first 10 production sets and am thrilled!! Way better than my prototype.

A group buy will be posted very soon so stayed tuned.

Due to the level of interest I have ordered another 20 sets so there will not be a shortage!

Now for you 280Z folk....If I build will you come?

Oh ya...the J-bolts are not available, but I am looking for options.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not seen the 280 straps but have been told they are a different length. I will make the 280Z straps if there is enough interest and have been approached by a few.

I just need a couple of straps for measurment.

• 4 weeks later...

got my straps today [evilc, rags and i ordered them together to help save a bit of shipping]. look great and i hope to have a pair mounted with pics in the coming week.

question, going through my parts 'bin' i have some varying length 'j' bolts for the straps. does anyone know the size for the 240's?

i found them in the following lengths [measured total length] in decending order; 6", 5.5", 4", 3.75", 3.5", 3.25" and...3".

have not yet removed the bolts from my z as of yet but will certainly measure those as well.

• 4 weeks later...

finally i got around to installing the ss tank straps. pretty simple, remove the straps one at a time [allows other strap to hold the tank], bend the new one to match the old and voila, done.

this shows old vs. new

DSC01427.JPG

installation complete and looking a bit blingy!

DSC01428.JPG

they fit like the originals and now look great and won't rust to boot, nice job jerry!

I will get a set of OEM 280Z straps soon and begine measurung them up for production!

Those look nice, any info on the 280z straps? I'm going to always be broke, but your price was cheap already, just other things are priority right now. Wondering if you made any