HybridZ

who's got the highest output HY powered L series?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

591.jpg

Stock N42 intake manifold

Stock ZXT exhaust manifold converted to external gate

Holset HY35w

93 octane pump gas

MSnS v2.2 on 029q2

Through a full 3" mufflered exhaust

No meth, alchohol, nitrous, or race fuel...

:burnout:

Cam? Headwork? C'mon list all the basic details. :)

p90a head

compression is assumed to be somewhere in the 8.0:1 territory.

motors been together since 92' if i remember right (customer car i did the turbo system on, but i didn't build the motor)

next up for the motor is a prototype intake manifold, then back to the dyno to see how much power it picks up with just that upgrade.

transmission is a stock 78' 5 speed IIRC, though it's due to be replaced with a Z32 5spd.

p90a head

compression is assumed to be somewhere in the 8.0:1 territory.

motors been together since 92' if i remember right (customer car i did the turbo system on, but i didn't build the motor)

next up for the motor is a prototype intake manifold, then back to the dyno to see how much power it picks up with just that upgrade.

transmission is a stock 78' 5 speed IIRC, though it's due to be replaced with a Z32 5spd.

Now I asume you need to port match that manifold? From what I saw the runners were far from stock diameter.

Looks like we need to get that car to the track ASAP. Like I said I will be heading to Hennesy on the 30th for the Midnight 1320'. If you are down you should bring the car out.

Best results would be seen with port matching to the head as well yes. However we will be dry bolting it without massaging the head to mearly prove that it makes power over the stock design immediately with no other changes.

Obviously even bigger gains would be seen with porting to match and all that, but were seeking mearly to prove in a pure bolt on scenario that it's better even then.

We'll save the porting/crazy head work for a different Z.

Would either you or big-phil be willing to post pictures of your stock manifolds with external wastegate setups? I am curious as to what methods you used as well as how much clearance you have between the turbo and the sides of the engine bay.

I had various issues with my Hy35 setup, for some reason I couldn't keep it from boost spiking with my 38mm external gate. My z31 maf was also in need of a upgrade as I was blowing more air through it than it's scale allows for. I did make one crazy run at the track with it though, I can't say for sure how much boost it was as my gauge only went up to 20psi (it was over that for sure) I did manage to pulloff a 118.5mph et, which at my weight dials in at 360whp.

There are lots of bugs I hope to sort out this year (if I have time) I have a 44mm wastegate coming in the mail, got a new 45psi boost gauge and in the process of upgrading to a z32 ecu/maf.

Would either you or big-phil be willing to post pictures of your stock manifolds with external wastegate setups? I am curious as to what methods you used as well as how much clearance you have between the turbo and the sides of the engine bay.

Slow Oldie did my external gate setup and I have been wanting to get some pics real bad. I guess this is a good excuse. I think he did a great job! I will see about getting some up tomorrow.

something isnt right here...

stock head with no porting...

is there porting done to the intake manifold?!

Your running MSnS.. what are you running for ignition?!

i feel like something is missing...

The something missing will be found when he goes to the track.