HybridZ

Getaway transmission, just for fun

Guest DSLJohn

Guest DSLJohn

I've read in the archives the debates about transmissions, it seems that the consensus is that autos are better for drag racing while manuals are preferred for the track. How about looking at it with a different kind of twist...

Say you had a pumped up Z with 300 hp that you were going to use to outrun cops/bandits/an invading force, and you had to drive your Z fast and hard through chaotic conditions. Would you choose an automatic, or manual? Why?

Probably the auto. Id be more concerned with missing a shift or stalling the car then being a little bit faster through the "chaotic conditions". I doubt the performace advantage of a manual would make much of a difference in you getting away or not. It all comes down to if you go onto a highway that isnt finished or get sideswiped by a tanker truck.

Dood, haven't you seen "Gone in 60 seconds"? Nicholas Cage totally got Eleanor to the shipping place and ran from cops with a manual trans. That's obviously the best!

:lmao:

And would Jason Statham use a automatic in any of his chase scenes? I think not, he would definitely pick manual. There's a reason its called a manual transmission :lmao:

Guest DSLJohn
This needs to get moved to the non-tech section. Lets not pollute the drive train forum.

Sorry about that --new here and wasn't sure the culture of the board, I figure it was a drivetrain question.

And would Jason Statham use a automatic in any of his chase scenes? I think not, he would definitely pick manual. There's a reason its called a manual transmission :lmao:

As a english teacher at my high school said, (no joke), "A manual transmission isnt an extension of a mans penis.." :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Later ones he drove an audi right? I noticed every other scene they showed the car the V8 emblem in the grill would appear and disappear.... bugged me..

Yea, a sexy audi to be exact haha. But yea, if you look closely you can see a couple different badges that disappear and reappear randomly.