HybridZ

Progress on my insane VQ35HR 240Z project

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm I don't see any wiring for the machine guns, oil slick, smoke screen, or the rocket launchers, You must not have got that far yet. :-b

Another progress report on the wiring. And if you look closely you can see the wiring for the smoke screen. soon the rocket boosters will go in.

12883167605_a3ede1907e_o.jpg

12883165755_ccbf55a269_o.jpg

12883163985_93b0f8b6d0_o.jpg

Edited by markrolston@mac.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can imagine it takes a long time if you want it all done neat and tidy and have everything double checked. Will be worth it though.

What are you going to cover it with? Raychem DR25?

Is that a Porsche gearknob?

• 2 weeks later...

Very excited to see this car running finally. I remember seeing it at ZCON and Nismo Fiesta in the past. It appears this time its a running car. One of the most exciting s30 cars I've ever seen or heard of being built. Anxious to see how your time and hard work building this car translates to real world numbers.

Wow Congratulations Mark!  The first running VQ35HR S30 Ever!  You certainly beat me to getting it running by at least another year.  Your Build is certainly much more extreme than mine too. Very very cool!  I'm looking forward to more videos etc.   Were there any wiring issues that you had to work through? Did you end up going with the NATS delete afterall?  I assume you dropped all circuits that are not directly needed for race operation?

• 2 months later...

After a long silence I have an update to share. In January I started a new business, argodesign, and that has consumed much of my time so this project has been going very slowly. On top of that, Andris has been swamped with his race team. But he's about to finish a few key things in the next 2 weeks and I'm going to take the car to get tuned and then start the last phase of fit and finish.

pictured is the custom alternator and brackets it took to fit within the tight working space. Also, when it was up on the lift I managed to take a good set of pics of the underside of the car. There are still a few spots where we have yet to add aero panels, especially the diffuser in the back. I had found a guy to help me with the complex CF work but he didn't work out so now I'm back on my own. 

14702883696_47af3f274b_b.jpg

14725877065_79ea3fc4fb_b.jpg

14725570832_51ef94f55d_b.jpg

• Like 1