HybridZ

Anyone know where i can pick up a Cannon intake manifold?!?!

Rimal310

FYI, if you're going to make a backing plate for an air filter, the carb spacing from the 1-2 and 2-3 carb is different as well, so don't make a nice template for the first two and then flip it, because you'll ruin your good piece of aluminum... :wink:

I can probably weld it back together. Post a picture.

Will be posting pics soon.

Found out you can get them new here: http://www.piercemanifolds.com/

But the quality is a bit low. The carb mounting studs are not centered on the port and the mounting flange is off a bit too.

this may work if Fedex agrees to pay me full for it! thanks!

FYI, if you're going to make a backing plate for an air filter, the carb spacing from the 1-2 and 2-3 carb is different as well, so don't make a nice template for the first two and then flip it, because you'll ruin your good piece of aluminum... :wink:

Thanks for the heads up!:lol:

They show up regularly on E-Bay for around $200 used...

I have welded up some pretty badly broken up manifolds. Likely any settlement from the shipping company (that is not disallowed for 'improper packaging') will more than cover a welder getting it back in one piece, and a machine shop skimcutting and truing the two manifold surfaces back flat in case the welder didn't jig quite as precisely as he should have...