HybridZ

Things i miss about my car.

JoeinCA

I sold my "luxury" car a couple of months ago and bought a 75 280z. Apparently my life was not stressful enough for me.

A lightly damaged 1998 buick riviera. This car had great leather seats, plenty of power, an awesome stereo system of my own design, and the best a/c system i have ever experienced (ICE cold in half a block).

Yeah it had 130k on it and needed new tires and various little fixes... but i sold it on a whim.

And I miss it.

Especially now with a Z sitting in my garage on jackstands, over a month into a 2-3 week engine swap and mechanical refresh.

These two months have allowed me to return to the first car I ever missed, the 1968 chevelle.

My 7 year sitting, bone stock, beater of a 68 chevelle. Which is a wonderful car to drive, as long as you dont have to stop, turn, accellerate at a reasonably unreasonable rate, or drive on a freeway in 103* weather. The thing i missed about it most, was getting the looks from people. I know its vain. But I think it is hilarious to have people gawk at a car that has clearcoat peeling off of it. A car with bad brakes, a list to the right, a blown differential, and a hopelessly durable powerglide that hasn't shifted correctly in 15 years, but just wont give up. Oh yeah, and a stereo... with no speakers.There's a picture of it... from 7 years ago.

So, Any of you guys have those moments when you hop in your car, and just cant help but miss one of your old, sold, stored, or forgotten cars?

Joe.

72666582_l_thumb.jpg

I miss my STi..

Well, more like I miss the components.

Mostly the gear box, turbo, and unmistakable note of a subi flat 4.

I miss the audible whine from the transmission tunnel from the straighter cut gears. The spooling of the turbo at low RPM's just cruising. And I really miss that sound when you're hitting 20psi and the tires are breaking loose going up the on-ramp, just to have to slow down to highway speeds.

I miss my 63 mini estate... The zero leg room, the lack of sound deadening... the windows that slid instead of rolled so you could get zero air-flow even if you wanted to... the rock hard race rubber cones and konis that actually bent a rim on the local lack of road quality...

No wait... Z IS a luxury car for me ;)

I don't miss jack. I've owned my Z for 20 years and one of the reasons is I know I'll be kicking myself for selling it. Even this weekend I was depressed because I blew a tire and had to wait 3 days for Tirerack to deliver a new set. Even my wife noticed I was moping around the house last weekend.

I don't miss jack. I've owned my Z for 20 years and one of the reasons is I know I'll be kicking myself for selling it. Even this weekend I was depressed because I blew a tire and had to wait 3 days for Tirerack to deliver a new set. Even my wife noticed I was moping around the house last weekend.

I was gone for 2 weeks and the first think I did was get in the Z and take a drive. It felt good :D