HybridZ

$350 junkyard find

Thanks again guys for all the post. I like the way flat black put it and i love his car. Hot rod black is badass. I want to go v8 swap with a manual fix any and all rust first. I plan on reinforcing the chassis and it shouldnt be to hard to do since im a fabricator by profession. The 280zx i have is cool by it still doesnt feel like my trans am did so thats why im leaning that direction with the v8. Im not planning to get rid of it, so resale isnt a big factor to me.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

almost double? thats not even $700. haha, I bet there is somebody out there willing to pay more than that, how in the world is the dash crack free is all I want to know.

Used? That is about the going rate as long as it is crack free. I had brand new one on Yahoo Japan lined up it went for $900 so $700 would be generous. My guy is hoping more for $500....but reality is what it is.

• 2 weeks later...

I would *really* tend to stick with keeping this car relatively stock, and letting it be an old quirky antique car, and dropping the V8 into your 280ZX. This car would be such a head-turner stock, and eventually if you wanted to, after doing a low-budget refresh to it (clean everything, don't let anything go backwards, but don't go spending oodles of cash replacing things that you can live with "for now") you could sell it for a ridiculous amount of money.

Haven't people run into issues swapping SBC into RHD vehicles? No steering shaft interference with the distributor?

As for Japanese Z fans digging LHD cars... I wonder what you could sell a LHD, SBC converted 240Z for over there????