HybridZ

Body filler dust in eyes

V8_DatZun

I was sanding my body filler yesterday and i believe i got some of the dust in my eyes.. i get a cloudy film type thing (not an actual film.. just my vision is blurry until i blink hard) over my eyes and have to blink hard a few times to get it to clear up. Anyone else ever had this issue? And what is something good to help? I've tried rinsing my eyes out a little... didn't help much

I agree you need to get your eyes checked out. For future sanding i suggest wearing goggles and i also suggest getting a big fan (the one i used is3 foot tall) and have it blow the dust away from you while your sanding. Just make sure you stand upwind of your sanding.

When I sanded my car it was that way too. They feel crusty like I had contacts in all day. Having worn contacts, i have the bottle of solution, couple of drops and let it sit, then take a shower rinse out your eyes and all good. Likely what Tony said too, dry eyes. The contact solution usually has some sort of mixture that breaks down protein build up on contacts. Also helps if you get a lot of eye boogers, I use to get a lot of them when I slept.