HybridZ

How are you guys shipping bumpers???

JSM

I just did a quote for someone and from Orlando to Texas it was 119 and change!

Both a front and rear thin 260z bumpers together via FedEx.

Thanks,

Jeff

Package Details: 1 package, 45.0 lbs, Your Packaging, 67 in x 25 in x 12 in, 250.00 USD.

JSM-

In my (limited) experience shipping large, bulky, heavy items, Greyhound has been the cheapest route by far. Two years ago, I had a rollbar shipped from AZ to VA -- it cost approx $45 via Greyhound.

Additionally, since Greyhound is a point-to-point delivery, you usually don't have to worry about packaging the item as carefully (i.e. "bullet-proof") as you would if using a standard shipper like UPS or FedEx.

Good luck!

r/JHM

I work for one of the oft mentioned shipping companies and part of my job is to re-pack damaged stuff.

Srbigbutt is right on, forget boxing, wrap each bumper with bubble wrap (big bubbles, not small), tape 'em together securely then bubble wrap the bejesus out of them. They should survive the big shippers. But for sure, you'll get kinder, gentler handling at Greyhound and pay less too.

Steve

I work for one of the oft mentioned shipping companies and part of my job is to re-pack damaged stuff.

Srbigbutt is right on, forget boxing, wrap each bumper with bubble wrap (big bubbles, not small), tape 'em together securely then bubble wrap the bejesus out of them. They should survive the big shippers. But for sure, you'll get kinder, gentler handling at Greyhound and pay less too.

Steve

So when I do the shipping quote, use imaginary box like dimensions? How about insurance via this route? Can it still apply being that it is not in a box?