HybridZ

white smoke?

My car has been sitting for a while and I recently did an oil change and put new gas. I also put new fuel injectors & filter. It running good now but there is white smoke coming from the exhaust. I checked everything and can't find anything wrong. Any ideas what it might be? I didn't find anything when I searched

Some tomes happens on motors that have been sitting......

Pour in a quart of tranny fluid, go drive the snot out of it then change it again. Still might smoke but even if it does it should clear up after some time on the road.

I bought a 79zx that had been sitting forever. Drove it onto the trailer when I bought it, smoked like crazy! Drove it for a while and it cleared up.

• 2 weeks later...

Im not 100% sure but i really dont think that synthetic oil would be the cause for the smoke, oil is oil. The only thing i could think of is that synthetic can tend to leak sometimes from older motors because it can be thiner sometimes as opposed to your standard oil maybe its leaking from the head gasket or something. What was the weight of the oil 10-40 or 10-30 or something like that.