HybridZ

what would cause this? pics flywheel

datsunan

this is what my Fidanza flywheel looks like. It has been slipping a bit in 4th gear but when it does i get off the gas so i would not think that i have been burning it up but thats what it looks like. Can these fw's be resurfaced? The disk is also messed up with pits in it like it is coming apart.

picture.php?albumid=223&pictureid=1604picture.php?albumid=223&pictureid=1605

My guess:

Flywheel and/or clutch surface were contaminated with something which later led to hot spots and pitting. It might have been the degreaser you used (was it water based?) Buy a new friction surface and clutch and use Acetone or Brake Clean to clean the flywheel. Wipe off any residue before assembly.

I found a FAQ on fidanza web site they said it could be resurfaced but it would cost the same as replacing the disk. Its an xtd pp and disk.

...looks like a clamping force problem.

There have been issues with those clutches, particularly on ebay: you may want to investigate further and replace with a different press plate.

I have a used set collecting dust somewhere that I can send you if you need...very easy to replace. They were in pretty good condition IICR, replaced them when I was installing my Spec II clutch kit just because...just pay for shipping.