HybridZ

WREAKED my 280z turbo!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me it looked like the Rad support took most of the blow while the intake IC and Hood softened it up. Also the Damage is mostly caused by the sign right? and you hit a metal gate, was the gate like the cheap chain link fence or Iron Bar swing gates Hung on brick? looking at the damage from the pics, It looks more like it was a chain link fence gate.

Glad to hear it, I always have to make my girlfriend wear a seat belt whenever she can since her dads truck (their only vehicle) doesn't have seat belts, but they are fixing up their other truck which has seat belts.

CIMG4083.jpgCIMG4082.jpg

The 1st thing i hit was a regular sign post. What really did the the damage was the 4x4 metal fence post that holds the gate. I`ll take a clearer shot tomorrow, as i`m going to work on fixing their damage first.

gotta be careful man, i lost my sister in a car accident last year, she wasnt even driving...it was suspected mechanical failure... cause it was a piece of $*!T ford exploder... i beg of you never to buy one. they need to have roll cages.
Sorry about your sis. After that scare i went through i decided not to use the turbo Z as a daily driver when im done fixing it, weekends and events or shows from now on.

Yesterday i started to take off parts on the car to see the extend of the damage and to decide weather to fix or sell the car. The only real damage was found on the passenger side front frame rail, right where the tow hook is attached which can actually be pulled. The radiator support core must be replaced as well as the hood. all else structurally sound. Its a keeper, will post pics tonight.

Thanks to all for the reply's. As i was working on the home owners damage, i decided to do a recap of what & why causes. # one my brakes. I have toyota 4 piston up front and zx disc rear. About a week ago one of my rear calipers had a nasty leak. I took the whole caliper off a zx parts car i had laying around the house and installed it to the turboZ. But the one thing i did`nt do was bleed each and every brake to let out any trap air. The car had breakes but my foot was nearly to the floor.Plus another factor that was against me was the gravel on the road. Thank God we came out of this OK. Could have been a lot worse. One of the 8`x5`fence with an arrow point tip could have gone up in the air and into the windshield, and a car could have been Xing the intersection.Let me just stop there, so many thing could have happen. If anyone has what i may need or can help in where to find them ,please let me know. thanks.

Edited by PR280z
spelling

I have not done very much work on it since taking those photos. It won't need a core support, just a little buffing out. :)

— Lee

I`ll be in the search section here on hybridz for a while looking for a walk through on replacing the core support. I have a friend here in P.R. with that same color goes by HOT CHOCOLATE. Here`s a few pics of his Z for inspiration CIMG4000.jpgCIMG3999.jpg He`s running Triple45mm.

CIMG4102.jpg

CIMG4103.jpg

CIMG4101.jpg

CIMG4108.jpg

CIMG4107.jpg

CIMG4109.jpg

CIMG4117.jpg

CIMG4111.jpg

Here`s a few more pics of the damage area. First thing i need to do is pull the radiator support out about a inch to get the radiator off and get it to crank. i have about a month to get it done and ready for the Z event on the 10th of January . I need to get busy and have some one on one time with the Z.

Really you could still use that support. You will need at least a solid day worth of hammer work and some patients, you could get it mostly strait, then just glass it smooth its just that corner that's bent right? Welding a new one in may or may not be easier depending on the location and tools you have to do it.

Nevermind on reusing, looking at it, the damage is worse than I thought at first glance.