HybridZ

WREAKED my 280z turbo!

Its a sad day for me.:-( Break failure at 50 on a turn, ran over a sign post,and through the metal gates of a house. Stop just about a foot before entering the house for dinner. No bodily harm on me nor my son and neither the homeowners.Could have been a whole lot worse. Will post pics tomorrow.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a sad day for me.:-( Break failure at 50 on a turn, ran over a sign post,and through the metal gates of a house. Stop just about a foot before entering the house for dinner. No bodily harm on me nor my son and neither the homeowners.Could have been a whole lot worse. Will post pics tomorrow.

Wreaked cuz ur breaks dont werk? Doun shif!

From the perspective of your driver's seat, how did you know the homeowner was having dinner?

Edited by Titus_RacerX
I farted about half way thru this post and had to check my pants.

Well, from a quick glance of the damage i would say; hood, core support, IC plus piping both fans, and trigger crank. I`ll be doing an intense assessment during the weekend. I`ll post more pics as i go along checking the car. What really scares me is the effect on my 10yr old boy. thanks for the reply's, what i need is a little encouragement and some $$$ cash money.

Yeah thats what Im thinking. Not going to be bolt on parts...
Guys,you notice i was bumperless. Maybe if i did have the bumper the frame rails would have been worse.Notice that both sides of the light buckets/fenders are intact. I could be wrong.

Guys,you notice i was bumperless. Maybe if i did have the bumper the frame rails would have been worse.Notice that both sides of the light buckets/fenders are intact. I could be wrong.

To me it looked like the Rad support took most of the blow while the intake IC and Hood softened it up. Also the Damage is mostly caused by the sign right? and you hit a metal gate, was the gate like the cheap chain link fence or Iron Bar swing gates Hung on brick? looking at the damage from the pics, It looks more like it was a chain link fence gate.

Thank God, YES!

Glad to hear it, I always have to make my girlfriend wear a seat belt whenever she can since her dads truck (their only vehicle) doesn't have seat belts, but they are fixing up their other truck which has seat belts.