HybridZ

WREAKED my 280z turbo!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read thru this entire thread. Good to hear that no one was injured.

Good luck with the recovery, looks like it's on it way :rockon:

Will post pics of the whole process, from the pull to the painting. It`ll be a good experience for me as i have two other Zeez to rebuilt. My 77z and the 75z.

CIMG2827.jpgCIMG2845.jpg

Will post pics of the whole process, from the pull to the painting. It`ll be a good experience for me as i have two other Zeez to rebuilt. My 77z and the 75z.

CIMG2827.jpgCIMG2845.jpg

Forgot to mention my 79 TR7 conv.in the background. That actually was my first car brought at the age of 18. Has 65,000 original miles.I`m thinking maybe a V8 in the future.

how stiff is the front end on the Z cars? Does the rad support do much more than hold the rad in place? Would there be anything wrong with just welding in some tubing with repads and calling it a day? Yeah i know it won't look stock, but doing something like that could open up other possibilities like tilting the rad and having the air exit out through the hood.

how stiff is the front end on the Z cars? Does the rad support do much more than hold the rad in place? Would there be anything wrong with just welding in some tubing with repads and calling it a day? Yeah i know it won't look stock, but doing something like that could open up other possibilities like tilting the rad and having the air exit out through the hood.

I found a radiator support already. Just waiting for it to arrive. Yes, i could have had one fab up but, i want to keep it stock.From the search i`ve done on this site, there is a whole lot of flexing on hard cornering from the shock towers on towards the front .

• 3 weeks later...

I`ll be picking up the rad/support this week. I want to specially thank 1NONLYZ for supplying the part. The man is the go to guy for any Z parts. GREAT GUY ! I would HIGHLY recommend him for all your Z car needs. Also would like to thank PHARAOHQ and HYBRIDZ for making it possible and keeping my turboZ alive.

CIMG6452.jpg

1NONLYZ is definitely the MAN for z parts. He is super friendly, totally fair guy and he gave me great prices on the stuff I purchased from him. Met him in person, bought parts off of him. Was invited to his house for a xmas party and all. GREAT GUY!

• 1 month later...

Did the parts come from a 77 280z? If so I have rear suspension parts from the same car on my 280z.

Yes, its off a 77Z. That means we`re related,same donor Z, the 77 280z mothership from New Mexico.

So where in FL are you moving to?

[/quote

It`ll be to Orlando. I`ll be there on vacation with the family from July 9 till Aug 9 to check out the area. My wife has a job offer at a nearby hospital so were going to do a follow up on that offer. Do you have a job opening for me or know of someone who does? Please let me know. Thanks.