HybridZ

The Virtue Z

Tanuki

ok well I just man'd up and started cutting. I was a little apprehensive, but I think it cut out just fine. Also it doesn't have to be perfect as the actual line is formed by the fender flare not the grinder cut. I just used a wheel cutter? I call it a grinding wheel. Anyways, I mounted the wing, cut the front two fenders, and am taking a break while the etching primer dries before I rivet on the flares.

P1020452.jpg

P1020450.jpg

photo-10.jpg

P1020449.jpg

P1020447.jpg

P1020446.jpg

Also I took the wire brush to the corrosion in the battery area. Everything came right off.

Before:

P1020421.jpg

After:

P1020444.jpg

^I am just using aluminum rivets on the fender flares. they seem to fit flush, though the rivets are extremely easy to remove if I need to redo anything. The rear spoiler just has two bolt points. I just put a piece of tape on the bottom of the spoiler with a dot colored in on top of the mounting hole. Then I placed the wing on the car so that the tape would stick to the car and show me exactly where to drill ;) I then measured it to make sure it was true before cutting. Worked like a charm, but I have noticed these wings seem to have a good amount of gap on the edges (probably for opening and closing the hatch). I think that pieces like that wing should have a thin gasket due to the movement of that hatch etc.

yeah I keep it in that shed thing all the time. Especially since it isnt running. As for care, you can usually do a wet sand, but I think most carbon fiber needs a new coat of clear every other year or so. Not too expensive to have it done either. I think all carbon is that way when you dont just paint over it.