HybridZ

The Virtue Z

Tanuki

It's for the ladies.

That's some pretty good photochop there. I love the leather deal too, oh some day. Some day. A baseball stitch would look weird to me though. It would be nice to get a matching leather interior that has the diamond pattern double stitched in So it would be reminiscent of the original vinyl.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately no updates yet. seems to snow every day i have to work on it. Also I just got a new post grad job and have been in the process of buying a house (i should sign a contract tonight) so my mind has been elsewhere. Once the house stuff is done I should be able to dive back in! I think I am going to paint the engine bay this weekend so that I can drop in the motor.

Well I was talking to a friend on my way home today and kinda got excited to do some work on my car. The only issue was getting done before the sun went away. Anyway, I got home and found something horrible, my hood had tipped over onto my passenger fender flare and cracked the flare! I definitely don't think I'm ready for kids as they say this is the daily chaos you deal with.

P1020499.jpg

P1020498.jpg

I suppose it's not horrible, but to me it is. I will probably wait till i finish the car and get the body painted before I replace that fender.

Anyways, after crying for about 10 minutes over the fender it was time to work. I scrubbed, sanded, and primered the engine bay. Now this weekend, or maybe as early as wednesday, I can finally spray the engine bay and get ready for the motor to go in! This is my 3rd engine bay to paint, so I basically taped and went to work! Looks to have applied very evenly so I hope the paint does the same!

P1020500.jpg

P1020501.jpg

P1020503.jpg

P1020504.jpg

I am pretty happy with the result so far. It is nice because with an engine bay most of it isn't even visible, but I am still pretty picky about stuff like this. If the orginal car color wasnt silver, I would pull the fenders and paint in behind them as well, but it is already silver/ metalic so I wont hassle with it.

Ok, Sprayed it! no runs, no bubbles, seems to look really good! (which doesn't even matter, its an engine bay! I think that the color is perfect and will be perfect for the exterior as well. I just wanted the bay to match before I pulled the motor. This means the next thing to do is mount the motor up! Maybe even Saturday could be that day?

P1020523.jpg

P1020520.jpg

P1020519.jpg

P1020518.jpg

P1020517.jpg

P1020515.jpg

Well I finished the hood this evening for the most part. There are a few details to attend to, but you get the picture. I know it's not the classiest thing to most people, but I wanted crazy something on the car and this hides it all pretty well. Also the edges will be cleaned up when the car is repainted.

P1020548.jpg

^well you can't love a team and not give them any street taggin' credit at all! Come on then! Plus its like 2 inches haha.

As for the IC piping, not sure yet. I want to get it all situated in the bay so I can start measuring and deciding. Did you do yours already?

^well you can't love a team and not give them any street taggin' credit at all! Come on then! Plus its like 2 inches haha.

As for the IC piping, not sure yet. I want to get it all situated in the bay so I can start measuring and deciding. Did you do yours already?

I'm going to cut the hose mounts (or whatever the hell they are called) on the endtanks and weld a 90degree elbow in its place. Then run them through the fresh air ducts.

Yah i'm trying not to miss those steps.

Ricky Ricer- I'm going to cut the hose mounts (or whatever the hell they are called) on the endtanks and weld a 90degree elbow in its place. Then run them through the fresh air ducts.

That is what i'm planning on doing. That looks like it will be the easiest way to go.

Edited by motoman