HybridZ

New Racing Seat - Full Containment...

Mikelly

Just got this in for one of my projects...

d2f4edb3.jpg

605f2e1c.jpg

e29b4a1e.jpg

a2c8bea7.jpg

e2dc5df4.jpg

eec4e8b6.jpg

89bdbb12.jpg

d39d8391.jpg

39d338b2.jpg

This seat is a LOT more rigid and much better made than all four of the Kirkey seats in my shop right now... Can't say enough about the quality of the product. Seat, covers (come in multiple options) and shipping ran $690 complete.

Mike

I have had Ultra-shield's in my car since it was built, a few years ago. My only real complaint is the quality of the seat covering. The material on the top portion of the sides of the seats, became frayed, very soon after we started to use them. There are better constructed seats to be had and they cost a lot more than the Ultrashield, but for the price, I'm still very satisfied with the seat itself, especially now that I added head supports.

Mark, Trust me, it'll be on a track near you in one of three cars this year... I think by the end of this coming season, with getting the instruction in that I've committed to, along with getting the two sons licenses for SM racing, and myself, I'll maybe have my fill of the race track! We expect about 35-40 days total this year.

Mike

Nice looking seat. I look forward to seeing it in a car, on the track.

Cool. When I can afford it I plan to put something similar in my street car. Not sure if its a good idea yet or not. I can see a few more blind spots coming. But butler built seats are real comfy since they are made for you.

If I remember correctly, Mark's custom seat was made by Butler and it was made to fit his tall body and it's very substantial and very well built. If you can spare the mula, a custom seat is the way to go.

If I remember correctly, Mark's custom seat was made by Butler and it was made to fit his tall body and it's very substantial and very well built. If you can spare the mula, a custom seat is the way to go.

For sure, a Bulter built can run you 2500. In my mind, when it comes to safety, no amount is to much. Especially if you have a track car and race often.

Which is why I'm upgrading from the Kirkey Intermediate Road Race seat (which isn't a bad option for a general seat) to the Ultra-Shield unit. This thing is way better built... I've love to go with a Lajoy or something else, but I have bigger fish to fry right now...

Mike