HybridZ

SDI [prototype] rear spoiler

1 tuff z

the brown truck delivered a gift from santa on christmas eve for my 1tufffz so i guess i was a good boy this year.

this rear spoiler is a prototype from sdi as we saw used / mounted on roddy's z for the hbz wind tunnel testing.

it rises nearly 6" off the decklid and roddy tells me that driving at anything beyond normal highway speed will create not lift but downforce. i think he actually said, go out, drive fast and make lots of downforce. hmm, let me see what i can do.

i am both hopeful and confident that this will be thoroughly tested at watkins glen in 2010, and possibly nashville super speedway roval at the z convention.

as u can see from the pics i have it temporarily mounted after i gently removed the old xenon urethane spoiler which has been mounted since...1990 when the white paint was applied [had a bodyshop do it while i was stationed in pensacola, fl in the usmc].

i am very fortunate to have this prototype, don't ask as to; price, production info or such as i can not answer. been sworn to absolute secrecy by roddy. the only thing he said is they have something 'in the works'...

DSC025381.JPG

old spoiler quarter view...

DSC06466.JPG

DSC025371.JPG

DSC02536.JPG

profile of my old spoiler, vast difference in height and angle of attack...

DSC06463.JPG

rags, i didn't even have the old one off and my 14 yr old boy alan sees and says "cool dad, can me and emma have the old one for our z?". i just smiled...

Wow David, that looks great!

Since you said not to ask any questions on the new one, I won't. But I will throw a "dibs on the old one" when you sell it!

Joe

gonna have to get it painted then...new 'wild rice' graphix!

deja, nice looking z-where is the rear aero skirt from?

Looks good David, I have heard some mentions of Ducktail rear spoilers somewhere. I am not sure if that's what you got, but Ducktail seems like a good name fit. What about "Wild Rice"?

i wondered how long before someone noticed the t-jet ho cars in the display case...good attention to detail!

Ah-HAH! I was hoping we'd see production for the pieces used on the SDI car. It seems the aero modifications on that car were very well thought out.

...and nice Thunderjet 500s. My dad has that tow truck and stakebed.