HybridZ

Original zcar.com guys still around?

Guest jeffie7

Guest jeffie7

Posted this on zcar.com but from what I hear it sounds like I might not hear from many people, got a PM pointing me to hybridz.org

I'm posting to see if any of the old school guys are still around. Anyone remember the junkyard Z with the sand papered pistons or the Yellow 280ZX with Bruce Lee on the hood?

Anyways, just checking in, sold my 280ZX Turbo many years ago, but still have a Z that sits in my garage.

Guest jeffie7

I remember walking outside to find that my cat had been sleeping and then puked on my ttops I started a thread like vinhzxt what do I do with my cats wanna eat them.

I was 16 at the time and thought nothing of it, sure enough that turned into a fun topic. I really meant nothing of it but what can I say, should have thought twice before that one.

Hopefully he's still around, I always liked his post and he had the body kit I wanted for my 280ZXT

Wasn't norms name junkyarddog or something?

I really can't remember the last time I posted on zcar, my guess is also around 2000

Guest jeffie7

Looking back on it I always thought Vinh was Chinese due to the bruce lee hood and not remembering his name, although most Vietnamese people came from China at some point so I guess it makes sense. Vinh, go figure in the end I ended up getting married to a Linh. Tôi có thể nói một chút Việt Too bad I can't write it and had to use google to translate it. I'd say it (typed with English in mind) doy noy mot eit ting yeit Go figure I also enjoy cooking from bahn mi, thit heo kho nouc dua (making that for dinner tonight) pho, bo luc lac. I've even had my share of Balut

http://www.handsonkitchen.com/forum/asian-cuisine/balut-381/

That was a late duck rather then the smaller chickens normally used. More Filipino style then Viet.

Well hopefully a lot of old school guys are around, over the years I've spent most of my time at my350z.com I do plan on going back to an older datsun once I have some extra room, right now my 1 Z and motorcycle fill the garage.

I'm still around, though I don't post much on zcar.com....unless someone is looking for me/my car. Been a long time. Started posting there back about 1995 or so, and migrated here not long after the v8 flame wars. I can think of a half dozen or so that still post here sometimes.

Scott.

Go back a little further. Remember Preston Pratt from Arizona or the infamous Stealth Z of Steve Webb?

I can go back as far as www.twinturbo.net when they had a first gen forum. Back in the dial up days around 93 or 94. There was another one, but I can't remember the name, but it finally got bought out by the autoforums.com site and it went to hell as an unmoderated site. Autoforums got better, but the Z site is long gone. We thought Derek was crazy for starting up zdriver.com, but it turned out better and is the only one of the old ones still going even though he is out of it and out of his Infiniti site as well. I guess I can remember even further back having to be on a mailing list from IZCC at www.zhome.com before the boards. Seems like any site that shows pomise now gets bought up by some bigger bulleting board company. Thankfully we have always had great Zcar clubs here in Texas before the internet made us one big happy family.

I'm still around, though I don't post much on zcar.com....unless someone is looking for me/my car. Been a long time. Started posting there back about 1995 or so, and migrated here not long after the v8 flame wars. I can think of a half dozen or so that still post here sometimes.

Scott.

The internet was around in 1995???

Let's see I was.... about 8 years old at the time.

I got on Z Car to mess with newbs but it wasn't really fun, just sad.

Jeffie,

I am still around. You've been eating good ey? You are lucky to marry a Viet girl. She will feed you good. Ask her to make you some Pho Ga` and get Ga` di bo (walking chicken). Dip it with ginger fish sauce.

Looking back on it I always thought Vinh was Chinese due to the bruce lee hood and not remembering his name, although most Vietnamese people came from China at some point so I guess it makes sense. Vinh, go figure in the end I ended up getting married to a Linh. Tôi có thể nói một chút Việt Too bad I can't write it and had to use google to translate it. I'd say it (typed with English in mind) doy noy mot eit ting yeit Go figure I also enjoy cooking from bahn mi, thit heo kho nouc dua (making that for dinner tonight) pho, bo luc lac. I've even had my share of Balut

http://www.handsonkitchen.com/forum/asian-cuisine/balut-381/

That was a late duck rather then the smaller chickens normally used. More Filipino style then Viet.

Well hopefully a lot of old school guys are around, over the years I've spent most of my time at my350z.com I do plan on going back to an older datsun once I have some extra room, right now my 1 Z and motorcycle fill the garage.

Nice to see so many folks from back then still around. I honestly haven't checked that website for probably the last 10yrs. Still have the same username here though, as do many others apparently.

Haven't really done a whole lot with the Z since 2000, but I still have it. Driven very rarely now, but will be spending more time on it in the coming months. The last decade was just a whirlwind of jobs, marriage, kids, houses, cars, etc...that the Z just took a backseat. Despite it all, I managed to keep the Z. I still can't totally come to grasp with the fact that I've owned it for 15yrs now and only the 2nd owner.

Speaking of Z's....saw a nice green 240Z the other day that looks to have been recently restored/modded. This is in Campbell/Los Gatos area of NorCal. Bright green exterior with "RBBBTT" for the license plate. Anyone here?

Guest jeffie7

Shes picking up Pho from her mom tonight, her mom is a viet chef and has done it her whole life.

isn't pho ga pho with chicken? I thought that was American style where real pho has the good stuff like tendon sliced beef, brisket, and tripe. sometimes meat balls.

http://www.handsonkitchen.com/forum/asian-cuisine/beef-combination-pho-890/ My write up on how to make pho for anyone who wants to know how to make it from scratch.

norm popped his head into the zcar.com thread. Nice to see him around again.