HybridZ

4l60e floor shifters?

Keep in mind, mine is in an S130, but the B&M Quicksilver shifter sat a little too high for my liking without making a 2.5" deep tray for it to sit in mounted through the tunnel. I was able to retain and use the stock housing (cover) for it by doing it that way. It's a close fit on top of the tranny (under the tunnel), but it fits without hitting.

Shifter1.jpg

Shifter2.jpg

Shifter3.jpg

shiftercover.jpg

It did require a little welding and fabrication to make the tunnel tray, but it fit so well, I'm pleased with the result. I used a Dakota Digital readout embedded in the dash for the shifter position indicator (mounted where the "Check" display was).

DSC00038.JPG

• 2 years later...

I know I'm reviving an old post but there's not many other options besides having 2 threads open with the same topic...

Any new developments in 4l60e shifters (with pictures) for the s30's?  I'm in the market for a shifter and really want the B&M Quick Silver but it's waaaaaay too tall.  Anbody have a pistol grip shifter installed and finished pic like 280zcar has posted above?

Thanks

I installed a B&M Stealth Pro ratchet shifter on my LS1/4L60E setup. I have a 1972 240z and needed to trim the shifter opening slightly in the front and back. I created a cradle that bolted to the underside of the transmission tunnel below the shifter hole. The cradle holds the Stealth Pro so that the shifter arm is in the stock position and does not stand up very high.   

post-1734-0-34071400-1356305921_thumb.jpg

Edited by ktm

This thread has some dam n nice cars on it.  ktm-I noticed you kept your clutch pedal-keeping your options open?

Basically.  I had a manual up until the LSx swap.

The master cylinder is gone and I've put the clutch hardline in storage.  This gives me the option of going to a manual in the future.

I went with a Lokar 6" shifter for the 4L60e.  I built a U-shape cradle mount for the shifter which drops the height about 1-2."  The plan is to use the stock inner and outer shift boot.  I'm still in process of finishing the shifter install but so far it appears it will work nicely. 

I started out with a used B&M shifter and steered away from it because I wanted something more stock looking.  The B&M has a cable.  The Lokar has solid linkage. 

I am using a factory cable shifter with a new detent plate for 4 forward gears that came from a '69 firebird. It controls a 2004R

This picture does  not show how I mounted it only the new floor plate, but it was a simple install.

I like the short throw and the factory lockout. It is OK for now if I decide to make a nicer handle it won't be a problem

post-6289-0-84260300-1356655227_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, I hate broken picture links, and there are 5 of them in my post above.  Since I can't edit THAT post, I've fixed the links in this one.  I'll take the liberty of re-posting the whole thing, edited as it should be.  Sorry about that folk.  It should read and show as follows.

Keep in mind, mine is in an S130, but the B&M Quicksilver shifter sat a little too high for my liking without making a 2.5" deep tray for it to sit in mounted through the tunnel. I was able to retain and use the stock housing (cover) for it by doing it that way. It's a close fit on top of the tranny (under the tunnel), but it fits without hitting.

Click on these thumbnails to view the pictures in larger format.

Shifter1.jpg

Shifter2.jpg

Shifter3.jpg

shiftercover.jpg

It did require a little welding and fabrication to make the tunnel tray, but it fit so well, I'm pleased with the result. I used a Dakota Digital readout embedded in the dash for the shifter position indicator (mounted where the "Check" display was).
DSC00038.JPG

Thanks for letting me show these with the hopes of helping someone.

Warren

Thanks for everybody that's posted. I wasn't sure if there was enough room to shorten the shifter into the trans tunnel. This gives me more options and I agree there are some dang nice cars and fabricators in this forum :) keep up the good work I can't wait to see all these finished with full interiors!

• 2 weeks later...