HybridZ

The Worthy Advice Thread-Give us all some

Heathhh

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do."

- Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain)

There's a lot of research that shows a correlation between those who live a longer more fulfilling life and those who are life-long learners and continue to try new things regardless of their age. Our Zs can help with that, but don't forget that there are many other things to try too.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do."

Yes, that's often true, but consider some exceptions:

- is it better to have broken off a relationship in the girlfriend stage, that would have resulted in decades of suffering and a messy divorce... or to have gone ahead with the marriage?

- is it better to have stashed your money in your mattress and watched your life savings be eroded by inflation, than to have invested in the stock market and suffered a cumulative 20% loss over 10 years?

- is it better to have satisfied your cravings for a crotch-rocket, gotten into a horrible accident and ended up as a quadriplegic... or to still be lusting after motorcycles without ever having bought one?

Sometimes not making a decision is better than making a bad decision. Sometimes the opportunity that you forego is the opportunity to fail or to get hurt. Life is as much about collision-avoidance as it is about racking up "experiences". "Seize the day" is a fallacy of Western culture's unjustified self-confidence.

Sometimes not making a decision is better than making a bad decision. Sometimes the opportunity that you forego is the opportunity to fail or to get hurt. Life is as much about collision-avoidance as it is about racking up "experiences".

I completely agree that risk taking has it's own set of consequences. But likewise, there are consequences to being conservative, as Mr. Clemens points out.

Each person has to find their own balance.

"Seize the day" is a fallacy of Western culture's unjustified self-confidence.
I think you've missed a lot of history if you think this is limited to our Western Culture. History is filled with people from all around the world since the beginning of recorded time who might fit that description.

In no particular order of importance:

You ALWAYS have a choice. Just because you may not like the choices or if they are difficult to make does not mean that they are not available to you.

The difficulty with seeing the truth is that it is masked by our reality.

We CAN do anything that our minds can and cannot think of. We CAN also fail at anything that our minds can and cannot think of. It is up to us to choose.

It is better to be alive and wrong than dead right.

Blood is thicker than water, unless the water is frozen.

If life is really like a box of chocolates, then you can’t truly live life without getting your fingers sticky.

To give all of yourself to help others without leaving enough to regenerate yourself will ultimately make you a burden onto others.

Never trust personal advice given on a car forum.

Incorrect. This is THE Hyrbidz forum. It has more worthy advice than any other forum on the web, personal or car related. :mrgreen:

Here's a quote rather than advice, but could have something else to it in the eyes of different perspectives and thus could be advice to someone good or bad lol.

-Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I had chocolate covered habaneros once, very interesting.

I will have to try something like that someday. Anyone have tried a fried snickers or similar chocolate bar? Any advice on how to fry this properly let me know! I heard they were very good.

Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

Never date a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her arm.

Blonde = dumb, brunette = fun, red = murderous. Choose wisely.

Always replace the cheapest part first when troubleshooting, then proceed by ascending price.

A carelessly planned project will take three times as long as originally estimated to complete. Carefully planned projects, on the other hand, will only take twice as long.

If something becomes to powerful, organize it into a committee. It will thereby become completely inept and therefore harmless.

I am a meat popsicle.

:D The fried snickers are very good, so are fried twinkies, reeses cups, hubcaps, etc. LOL!

But exactly how should i go about frying these treats? Do i need to batter them up with something

before i place them in the fryer? I actually could just google this, but Hybridz-postin it is more

fun lol.

But exactly how should i go about frying these treats? Do i need to batter them up with something

before i place them in the fryer? I actually could just google this, but Hybridz-postin it is more

fun lol.

yep, use the batter your local chippie uses, A nice beer batter is good. sprinkle the hot fried battered bar with sugar like a hot doughnut before eating.

Moro bars are delightful. Bite the end of the battered bar and suck the innards out, that hot gooey semi liquid ooze of sweet nougat and caramel... Then roll the empty choclate coated interiored, sugared batter into a ball and pop it in your mouth :D Yummy :D

it also sounds rather kinky when I read what I just wrote!

My advice:

Advice is worth what you pay for it, you are free to ignore ignore what is given freely, but it pays to pay for it because then you remember it every time you open your wallet.

Edited by kiwi303