HybridZ

The adiction to Z?

ModernS30

What is your addiction  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What cars are you addicted to?

• Datsuns (only cars with the Datsun name)
    • All Z
    • S30
    • S130
    • Z31
    • Z32
    • Z33
    • Z34
    • All 60's and 70's fastback style cars.
    • All cars period.
    • Nissans (Datsuns) only
    • Anything with wheels and an engine!

Hey Hybridz,

I was just looking at pictures of random cars last night, Don't get me wrong, I love all cars, but I noticed I have a thing for these 1960's-1980's fastback style cars, particularly the ones with round headlights. If you think about it, look at a 67 or 68 mustang fastback. They styling is very similar to the Z but with a wider look. I really love they way they look, although if you don't I think your crazy. I want to know what kind of cars you like, and yea, we all just like cars because they are cars. I am saying like really what are you obsessive over. Is it just a Z? Is it really all cars? Is it just the Nissan/Datsun Name? Is it just cars that are Datsuns? Is it a specific generation Z? I am not sure if I can edit a poll so sorry if I didn't pick your choice in there but I really wanted to keep it more Z related being we are on Hybrid ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. That will be all, correct my grammar or spelling and I will fix it right away.

Edited by ModernS30

I like to drive fast(er than I should). The reason I got into Z's instead of any other brand was because I wanted to learn what was under the hood, and there were plenty of readily available Z's being sold.

Aesthetically though I prefer Z's of the 70s-80s to other cars of the era.

Edited by Lazyeye

Glad to see we have people taking part in this poll. I wasn't sure if it was going to be popular or not. I really like all old school cars. I think it started with the AE86 and me wanted RWD and manual. I got a Z, I love mustangs, just 60-80's cars are amazing.

I have ALWAYS loved the S30's. I got my first one when I was 20 (a 1970 series 1). I don't see very many S-30's on the road. When I do, it makes me smile inside. Other than than, I have always liked certain Mopars (I've owned a '68 Dodge Charger 383, a '70 Plymouth Duster 340, and my true love, a '70 Dodge Challenger Hemi).

For all you resurrecting a S30... hail.gif

1977 280Z - daily driver

1978 280Z - sold

1976 280Z - sold

1974 260Z - sold

1972 240Z - RIP

1970 240Z - RIP

I see the S30 fascination here, I am a big fan of the S30 myself when it comes to Z, I am not a fan of the S130 sorry some of you guys, and the 350z can look good. I like the 370z, no idea why, and the Z32, Z31's are a half and half, but I, well I did daily my S30, it has now gone into full project status and I my daily is a 97 AWD Impreza, which is a much better daily.

Now that I own an S130, I want an S30. Oh well. I gotta finish this project before I'll let myself start a new one.

Maaco it and rip somebody off on craigslist? Totally kidding, nothing says you must finish a project. Sell it to a die hard S130 person on here or trade it. Nothing wrong with not finishing, I have seen a guy that has now had I think 7 different 240sx's and got like 4 of them as projects that weren't finished and sold. LOL all of them in under a year, starting with a red automatic hatch to be a super sick SR20 powered s13.5 drift mobile. He got what he wants now though, started with an already swapped hatch and put time and money into it and he has a 90% finished car so far just needs paint and sound system for what he wants. Selling projects doesn't doom you.

I don't know if I would call it an addiction, but I do like the S30. I have had a 1984 Z31 Anniversary, 2004 Z33, 2003 G35 coupe in the past. Now I have just 2 S30's. I think the S30 has more road feel and "soul" than all the others.

I think its just datsun in general.. every thing grabs my attention.. b210's, trucks, but mostly z's.. like today bought a dash cap $98$ and a pair of 1 inch lug adapter/spacers $86.. went to the junk yard and got some interior parts $40.. i told myself not to buy any more unnecessary things.. ;)

I think its just datsun in general.. every thing grabs my attention.. b210's, trucks, but mostly z's.. like today bought a dash cap $98$ and a pair of 1 inch lug adapter/spacers $86.. went to the junk yard and got some interior parts $40.. i told myself not to buy any more unnecessary things.. ;)

I find details in many makes and many different years of makes that catch my eye, but with out a doubt the classic downward curve of a fastback holds my attention the most. I love s30's, late 60's mustang fastback, Weissman Gt's, Alpha Romeo 8C Competizione(drool), Porsche 911's, Aston Martin Vantage RS Concept, etc,etc... I also have a love for hot hatch backs as well as brick shaped cars too, Porsche 916, 510's, early bronco's, Audi Sport Quatro(Group B Monster)etc,etc.... I could ramble off makes of cars for hours so I will leave it at that....

I don't discriminate. I like pretty much anything with wheels and an engine.

That's what I was trying to avoid here, I mean, so do I you know, but what I really like, what I have more attraction to. I am not a huge fan of modern cars, but I do like them. I just have a thing for cars before my time you know? It used to be all about American Muscle then I moved to Japan, when I rode in a few skylines and silvias I couldn't say no. I have friends who are American only and I have started their conversion, starting with my 93 Nissan pickup that was a squeal machine, and after I took him for a ride in the Z he couldn't deny they were cool/good cars. I can add other to the poll if anybody would like another option, I am going to add anything with wheels and an engine for you!

That's what I was trying to avoid here, I mean, so do I you know, but what I really like, what I have more attraction to. I am not a huge fan of modern cars, but I do like them. I just have a thing for cars before my time you know? It used to be all about American Muscle then I moved to Japan, when I rode in a few skylines and silvias I couldn't say no. I have friends who are American only and I have started their conversion, starting with my 93 Nissan pickup that was a squeal machine, and after I took him for a ride in the Z he couldn't deny they were cool/good cars. I can add other to the poll if anybody would like another option, I am going to add anything with wheels and an engine for you!

:2thumbs: Voted.

I see the "beauty" in older cars, but I can appreciate the "beauty" of newer cars just as well.

Well I grew up with a 1967 Ford LTD 4 door with a 390. I just like fast older cars I love the style and curves, not a big fan of any 80's cars, but I like a few. I also like some newer cars heck even I think a Smart car might be sort of cool (made to be faster of course). I just like cars in general, the reason I bought a Z was because it was around when I was promised I could get a car and it was older I liked the style and I like being able to work on it myself gives me something to do.

As a teenager I had a huge crush on a handful of cars, one of which was the Z32 (also in there was the VW Corrado, dunno why, just loved the look and peformance). As I aged, my tastes changed and I fell head over heels for the S30 and ended up buying one. Nothing brand specific or anything like that, I just L-O-V-E the look. When I take the trash out to the garage I stop and stare at my car for a while, thinking about the next time I can take her out, and definitely looking forward to warmer weather!

I'm a car fan period, but in particular little imports especially early 80's and older. Of all cars tho, the s30-s130's hold the top place in my vehicular obsession..altho I wouldn't mind having a nice 510....here recently, old Volvo's have intrigued me a little..lol