HybridZ

Customized Z on e-bay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-280Z-78-5-Spd-Street-Show-Car-/170487197839?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item27b1d4308f

I noticed a couple of things about it that don't match.

Some of the window trim is red and some of it is black or missing.

It also looks like the z logo has been painted over on the pass side but not the drivers.

There are a couple things I don't like but overall it looks pretty good with some nice custom touches.

Opinions??

REBUILT INTAKE FROM 76 280Z TO IMPROVE THROTTLE RESPONSE AND PERFORMANCE

more like refreshed intake with injector wires hanging out and a K&N filter add throttle response and performance.

:blink:

Oh yeah can't forget the return fuel line blocked off with a bolt. I think it looks alright its a little too much with the multiple hood vents. Those rims don't look like they are 18" they look more like 17" to me.

Edited by 19752802+2

more like refreshed intake with injector wires hanging out and a K&N filter add throttle response and performance.

:blink:

Oh yeah can't forget the return fuel line blocked off with a bolt. I think it looks alright its a little too much with the multiple hood vents. Those rims don't look like they are 18" they look more like 17" to me

This one made me laugh. B)

But if this guy likes it the way it looks thats awesome, he just has some misinformation, otherwise it looks well executed on the body at least.

Why is his statement inaccurate? I think every aspect he says is true about the bumper. That front valance /air dam is very light, does help with aerodynamics and looks much better than the stock bumper.

Why is his statement inaccurate? I think every aspect he says is true about the bumper. That front valance /air dam is very light, does help with aerodynamics and looks much better than the stock bumper.

I guess your right, I didn't think it through very well, I Edited it though. :D

I agree with some of the comments.

Too many hood louvers--should've started with a non-louvered hood and moved them toward the back of the hood some (maybe put a satin black or carbon fiber hood on it).

Not crazy about sunroofs but i haven't seen a 'his-n-hers' in many years.

I just noticed he painted the window rubber--(maybe you could go along the edge with a razor blade and put new rubbers in it without messing up the paint).

Not crazy about the red on the seats and i usually don't like the MSA bumper covers but it seems to go well with the custom side skirts and the little rear quarter skirts (i really don't like the MSA rear covers that have the rear skirt).

Kinda like the flat wheels (no dish) on this one also.

I may go and check it out...it's close to my house.

Those wheel spacers are quite wide. I've always thought high offset wheels look funky on the S30, maybe because I'm used to low offset.

I personally wouldn't pay that much for a N/A L6 S30, especially with all that "custom" work. It could easily be hiding lots of cancer.

There is some BAD body work done to that car and I'm not talking about the kit itself. almost none of the gaps on the body line up, over spray on almost everything, you can see that they didn't even take off the bumper to paint it and that a portion of the gap is filled with paint runs, the used but splices to put new injector connectors on and didn;t even make any effort to clean up the engine bay, but yet found time to install a non EGR intake and go to the autozone "performance" section and pick up a home made intake and msd coil, some of the added vents have grills, some don't, some are painted, some aren't, there is overspray on the entire right side of the car, where it looks like they taped off the glass instead of the trim and didn't bother to take the emblems off, his added hood vents are off center, the side skirts look like rain gutters riveted to the rockers...etc I could make a list twice as long as this, but my time is worth more. If you have the $7500 to buy this atrocity of poor workmanship, expect to pay about the same to fix it all. (Nice interior though.) IMHO, he probably had a cool vision in his head, that didn't quite turn out the way he had envisioned.

• 2 weeks later...