HybridZ

Stance has made coilovers for us.

Well looks like I managed to find a used set for $790 shipped and less than 1500 miles. Think I'm going to jump on the deal and see what I can do about the tubes.

If all goes as planned I should be able to have them on the care before the end of the year. Aiming to be back in States sometime in October and I'll take the car to get some work done, coilovers being the main focus for the time being.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah, got the used ones sold out from underneath me.

Either way, somewhat good news. Stance finally got back to me about the pricing, I got $1250 + shipping ($30 to my location).

IIRC, that's the same price as buying the regular coilover set up with the traditional lower mounts.

Woot! Looks like I'll be placing my order next paycheck.

• 1 month later...

Bah, got the used ones sold out from underneath me.

Either way, somewhat good news. Stance finally got back to me about the pricing, I got $1250 + shipping ($30 to my location).

IIRC, that's the same price as buying the regular coilover set up with the traditional lower mounts.

Woot! Looks like I'll be placing my order next paycheck.

What's included in this pricing?

The coilover adaptor tubes, the S13 coilovers minus the lower mounts that they would usually come with them. IIRC they're fron camber plates only.

So you still get the top hardware on the front of the S13's... when you order them and finally get them.. you need to take a picture of what you exactly get! Would help us all =)

Yup from what I understand when I talked to their representative, its basically like ordering a set of S13 coilovers but they'll just include the conversion tubes in place of the lower mounts. It might be a while until I get them, but I'm trying to save up for em.

Yup from what I understand when I talked to their representative, its basically like ordering a set of S13 coilovers but they'll just include the conversion tubes in place of the lower mounts. It might be a while until I get them, but I'm trying to save up for em.

Money is all something we don't have in times like this!

Money is all something we don't have in times like this!

Its not so much a problem of that, its just that I parts shop out of bordem and buy other stuff that isn't so expensive lol.

I'm still hoping to find a slight used set, $1250 is close to Cusco and JIC territory.

The problem with Cusco, JIC, ApexI etc... is making sure the threaded sleeves fit the coilover (and some coilovers Tein etc.. don't have threaded bottoms on some applications)

Yea I've come to realize that too, one of the biggest problems, namely Cusco, is that their front coilovers are usually thicker than the rears. I tried asking people who had some the Cusco models but none of them ever got back to me on measurements on the inside diameter on their lower mounts.

• 1 year later...

Stance is only selling the adapter tubes and the can price it with a set but no camber plates. I don't know why so many guys are knocking on megans when they are reasonably priced, come complete and work pretty well. AZC setup is also thought out and tested. One thing that you guys didn't ask stance is rebuilding shocks because it will make you cringe as its a little north of $300 each. something to think about

The brand name Megan just isn't synonymous with the word quality, despite how they're fairing for the handful Z guys running them. Same with the Godspeed coilovers, if they're working for you, great, but some people won't mind spending extra for a name with a better reputation.

I'm sure someone will come in and chime how all cheap/mid-grade coilovers are made in the same factory and such and such, but remember Stance sells coilovers in different trims than just street and track versions.

Reputation is all relative and depends greatly on the audience doing the recommendations. The only shocks manufacturers that I know of that come recommended by race teams and shock engineers are Koni, Ohlins, Bilstein, and Penske. If I had to build a race coilover set I would not look at anything else for shocks.

I run the Megan coilovers. I bought them because they were reasonably priced, were a complete kit, were adjustable, and were easy (for me) to install. They work well enough so far. Maybe Stance shocks are better, maybe they're the same. Either way, I dont feel I am a good enough driver to be able to take advantage of the performance difference between Megan and a more "quality" shock. The car is still a lot faster than me and I have a lot to learn before I'm ready to move on. Maybe someday, when I feel I'm ready, I can build my car with $400 shocks, just the right spring rate, etc, but that's not today.

As far as I know AZC has not released information on their shocks or who makes them, so youre not (knowingly) buying yourself quality there either. Again, if you feel youre truly serious about coilovers, talk to John Coffey and he will set you up with known "quality" shocks.

Edited by h4nsm0l3m4n