HybridZ

240Z 19 wheels?

I think the biggest anyone has ever gone is 18 inches, and they were 350z wheels. You couldn't lower your car because I doubt they would even fit on the suspension or fit under the body very well without modifications.

Found a thread full of pics of 18inch rims on Z's.

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?/topic/68104-req-pics-of-18-wheels-on-s30-240260280z/

Edit: Found the 350z rims.

post-4699-048620200 1279678075_thumb.jpg

As you can see they are a pretty tight fit, and if I remember correctly needed some spacers and other mods.

Edited by 19752802+2

You guys should really look into this wheel and tire calculator. It will clear up a lot of questions about fitment, and what various parameters actually look like and how they relate to each other.

http://www.rimsntires.com/rt_specs.jsp

You can figure out stuff that fits... but you might not be able to BUY many of the combinations you think will work.

That is a lot of weight added........that is totally not necessary. You can accomplish the same look with 18" wheels, the right, tire size, offset, or just general fitment in a tire and wheel package. Yeah it is great to sit on the corner and boast that " I have 19" wheels on my classic Z." But when push comes to shove you will have TONS of sacrifice reguarding drivability, stopping, acceleration, and mpg...... but hey if you are into that thing then by all means go ahead.

If you chose to do it then get a QUALITY WHEEL. Iforge, DPE, JLine, HRE, Volk, Ray's, something good

I had a set of 19's on my IS 300 that were Ray's...It looked sweet but man was it a pain in the ass....

Pictures of the rear? Curious on the interesting looking rear spoiler.

Also what are the rear fenders? YZ? I assume the fronts are subtle z.

I have a ton of pics, but the owner plans to make a big splash with the car so for now, that's the only sneak peak ya get...

YZ rears that have been highly customized including the fender lips and the dog legs, subtle Z fronts, custom G Nose with one of a kind air dam - the rear has skyline GTR led tail lights, completely smoothed, with a custom wing that started life as a GM product with a rear led third brake light... It has a ton more custom touches including shaved rain gutters, gills with grill, and a bunch of other things - it's interesting to see people walk around it... takes several viewings to notice it all :)

I was surprised to see some of the comments about 19 inch wheels so I took the liberty of posting an opposing view - of coarse these are custom made but if done correctly they work... I don't think it would look right on a fairly stock fendered Z, but once you flare things out it can be tastefully done... and BTW this thing handles awesome with these wheels on it...

See if you notice the fuel filler door :)

Edited by kjones

Mr. Jones,

That Z has become my screensaver ! This is Hybridz.org and sometimes I read stuff that goes against what the guys who started this website is all about( IN MY HONEST OPINION). It is good to see some guys stepping out with some different wheel/tire combinations. I ran out of my budget to go with 19 inch wheels and tires and again the Black Z above is a good looking Z.

• 6 months later...