HybridZ

Never Deal with Advance Auto Parts

ModernS30

Ok guys, I ordered a part for my car online. It was on Wednesday night, clutch slave cylinder line. I went ahead and paid the extra money, so I could have it in time to get my car driving on Monday, I paid for 2 day shipping. I figured, Wednesday night, on Thursday they would get the order and mail it. Part will go out, get it on Saturday. Apparently their idea of 2 day shipping is 9/7/10. TUESDAY! I find it Bull S**T and they will be getting an earful from me later on today on the phone. I will be returning the part as soon as I get it and expecting a FULL refund, including the extra I spent on the shipping. I am sourcing the part elseware (Car Quest0. I will never deal with Advance Auto again, and advice everybody else to the the same (you guys).

If you know how much these people get paid, this wouldn't surprise you.

It's a national chain, if you want "good old home service," you'll have to pay for it.

Ooorrr you could've called MSA and had them overnight/2 day ship a SS one? Advanced is not the only option here. Just saying...

If you know how much these people get paid, this wouldn't surprise you.

It's a national chain, if you want "good old home service," you'll have to pay for it.

Ooorrr you could've called MSA and had them overnight/2 day ship a SS one? Advanced is not the only option here. Just saying...

haha, yes Mat, got it. I got my line from Earls.

If you can feel better I was visiting the US for 2 weeks in August (I now live in Europe) and I was looking for a GM 3 Bar MAP sensor. I ordered it at Advance Autoparts, they were supposed to call me when they would receive it Thursday of my first week. I had to pay to order it.

I went to see them to grab the part the next Friday with the receipt; they never called me. The lady in the store told me the part has never been order because my receipt was a regular receipt, not one for part ordered so I had to order it again, lead time was 8 days. The guy who made the order for me screwed up.

Bottom line is I left the country even before the part arrived so a friend of mine is taking care of it now and I still don't have my sensor to map the car... sh*t happens but I don't think we can blame the whole organization for the mistake on one individual.

Edited by Lazeum

Rockauto has pretty much always been great about getting the parts out quickly. Usually I get my stuff from them two or three days after ordering, with regular cheap shipping! Just got some con rod bearings, and as usual they came in three days. The prices are usually great as well.

Every time I order something there, it's always in the store the next day. The only problem I had was once their alternator tester wasn't sensitive enough to pick up the fluctuation it was giving me, two other places did and agreed with me that it was bad. I had to argue a little to get them to replace it, but they did.

I've had plenty of issues ordering over the internet. What has happened to me more than once, is alot of these stores show it in stock. The truth is they have to order it from the supplier. So 2 day shipping doesn't happen until 3 days later, it's a poor practice.

Another thing that has happened to me, is the product is no longer made but still listed as in stock. A few days later they send me a email saying they can't get it and never will.

Just seems to be the practice of E-stores.

I usually don't have a issue with in store ordering but sometimes it flat doesn't get ordered and when I come to pick something up it isn't there.

Edited by goodoldjam

Oh the trial continues. After I returned the part and wasn't given a full refund (into my pay pal account). I went ahead and sent them an email explaining that I was told I would be given a full refund including shipping and part cost. I had already called once when I found out shipping was going to take longer than I paid for shipping to take. Well, I didn't get a response to my email. I went ahead and called them again. Only to be told this time, a different answer, that my money would not be refunded and it wasn't going to happen. Well, I got some legal advise and called again. We talked about how phone conversations are recorded. He told me to refer to the site, when I asked for a written copy of their return policy be physically mailed to me. I requested caller names and times and date of previous callers. He told me only one was on record, not the first caller that told me my shipping would be refunded. I also asked for an address to request these recorded phone calls. I was told he didn't know how to answer that question. When I asked to speak to somebody higher than him that may be able to, he told me to hold on. I was put on hold for about 2 minutes, where he claims to have talked to his manage. Who told him that it will not be at all possible to get the tapes to me. Although they are recording my voice, and it is a evidence in my claim against them, these tapes will be requested through corporate. I continued to ask for an address where I can send my civil complaint to and was given the address for corporate. He informed me that he was going to request a refund that corporate would have to approve and I would be getting a call in one or two days. I am no waiting, without my full refund, still advising that nobody deal with this company.

I think they have gone about a very bad way of handling a customer. A businesses sole base should be around its customer. Without the loyal and happy customer, a business is nothing. If your customers are happy, typically this translate to happy employee's and visa versa. A nice customer that is happy treats and employee well and the employee is happy. As well as keeping your employee's happy makes them work more efficiently and faster. Which in return, makes a customer happy. This business obviously does not understand this very basic concept, and I refuse to deal with it.

so you think that a huge corperate company really cares that much? Or that you should care that much over what $20 worth of parts and shipping? I mean i understand if people jerk you around or screw you with a 2k order (like i had with MSA) but hey you talk to the guy higher up and if they fix it great if not dont use em anymore but all that effort over $20 is a little extreme especially when you can get the same part (or better SS part) from someone else like others have said.

Msa a few years back had screwed me over,well really a guy from finland i was buying parts for, and ended up waiting longer on than i needed which pushed back his car getting shipped out to him (since all the parts were being put in the car and sent together). Well what happened was i bought 2-3k worth of parts and ofcourse they had a few missing that were on back order, i could either pay seperate shipping and have it shipped in two orders or wait and they would ship it all at once (spose to only be 2 weeks till they got it all in). But instead i call in 2 weeks and they have those parts but sold one of MY parts that should have been set aside for my complete order because someone had ordered one (which was now on backorder for a week) and instead of telling them its on back order they just snagged mine from the back, well i was pissed because i had to reschedule shipping, and figured that my 2-3k order was more inportant than his $100 steering wheel. But i told them that was jacked up and to put all my stuff in a damn box in the back and NOT touch it, and just put the parts in it when they came in and when they were all there ship it.

Ofcourse they did exactly what i said and it probably was just an honest screw up but hey it happens, you just have to take one every once in a while and deal with it.

I was pissed then but hey ive ordered atleast 4k worth of parts combined from them...for me, customers in the US, and overseas and havent had an issue since. I still use them and will continue to because they have good service, they answer any questions, and still make or atleast provide access to great parts at a good price.

Stop making such a stink and move on, either order from someone else or wait that extra what 12 hours and go into the store FACE to FACE and order the part with the same exact deilivery time lol.

About everyone has some type of problem with one parts outlet or another, I have had problems with Checker and my son with Napa so just keep your reciepts and find one that seems to have people behind the counter who are car guys.

Stop making such a stink and move on

This ^^^

It's not their fault you ordered a part with a certain shipping quote, and were unsatisfied with the SHIPPER.

Why would they owe you money? If I had a business and some customer was bitchyng to get a refund on shipping for something I had no control over, I would tell them to get the hell out of my store.

You're right. I "just don't get it."

The time you've wasted on this was worth much more than $12 IMHO

I see this all the time when prepping a race car and there's a hard delivery date. In those situations I tell the customer to have the part overnighted even if we have a few days or weeks cushion. Those that do, get the cars done on time. Those that don't, often miss the race. Parts logistics will screw you up every time. You're dealing with a 3rd party that has no interest in your deadlines and has not agreed to meet them.

I'm dealing with this right now because a customer wants to save a 20% restocking fee ($21.45 total) on a part exchange while I'm getting his car ready for a track event this weekend. He will not get the car this Friday because of this, as I explained last Friday. He will most likely have to make a 3.5 hour round trip drive tomorrow to put the part in my hand.

Haha and that trip will cost him more than that $20 in gas alone, let alone time, effort, energy etc....and what more do you get...the satisfaction of sticking to your guns, sticking it to "the man," spending more on gas than restocking? Seriously i wish people would grow up and if its for your "pride" or piece of mind, you probably have lost yours or never had one to begin with.

Haha and that trip will cost him more than that $20 in gas alone, let alone time, effort, energy etc....and what more do you get...the satisfaction of sticking to your guns, sticking it to "the man," spending more on gas than restocking? Seriously i wish people would grow up and if its for your "pride" or piece of mind, you probably have lost yours or never had one to begin with.

I am not going to go really far into it. Sent them a letter requesting my money back and for what reasons. I still wont shop with them and advise you don't. I just don't like corporations taking over everything like they seem to be doing.

I am not going to go really far into it. Sent them a letter requesting my money back and for what reasons. I still wont shop with them and advise you don't. I just don't like corporations taking over everything like they seem to be doing.

What does having a part not shipped to you on time have anything to do with corporations taking over everything? :blink:

Edited by 19752802+2