HybridZ

What Did You Do To YOUR Car Today?

Daphur280

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Target of Opportunity... saw them of really high quality (Not to mention they had the proper Watanabe Crest on the valve caps...) so I HAD to get a set.

Next time, the matching set of valve stem caps GOES WITH ME before going in for tire checking and rotation. Someone saw them the last time and apparently needed them more than me.

And that was in 1992. It's taken me a while to find them again...and there they were on a blister card hanging in a parts store!

Of course the lightweight separate conical washer lug nuts were out of stock in Nissan Thread (plenty of 1.5 Toyota Crap...) so no extra set of those. Damnit.

As it was the bill was 24,000 yen and I only left the store with one medium sized bag, and I will not be anywhere NEAR my weight limit on baggage going back home!

Now, if there's time to go to that shop advertizing the G-Nose Parts I could rememdy that 'excess baggage' situation...

Last night I installed a new battery, a Fuse for the ECU connections to the battery, Bought some bolts for the LCA to the Strut assembly, Also worked on installing the Gmachine Tension rod upgrade but have some tweaking to do with that still. the "Lips" that are supposed to be spot welded on the chassis rusted off and came off when I took the stock TC rod off. I also finished up modifying the stock throttle body to look a bit cleaner and installed a Air Filter. Last night was a good night. :D

The list is long on my side :)

I'm disassembling the motor currently so, radiator is removed as well as the oil pump, the alternator, the water pump, front cover, timing chain kit, oil, oil filter.

I've inspected everything and I 'm waiting for a engine hoist to remove the oil pan & front cross member to get it cleaned and refreshed. Next job would be engine rebuild  and suspension overhaul.

Primed the carbs with the electric fuel pump, drained the accumulated rainwater from the spare tire well that accumulated, and fired it off after 2 months standing on the rooftop parking of 'The Parking Spot Century' at LAX. Paid $783 ransom to extricate it from the parking hell it was in, and drove it home at high speeds on a sunny Saturday afternoon.

Came across the valve caps yesterday while unpacking, so I guess they will go on next.

• 3 weeks later...

Yoinked my engine out of the car, tore it down, scooped the oil out, since it was the consistency of warm peanut butter, fixed both window regulators, door handles, lamented my lack of rear glass weatherstrip and smashed up hood. Anyone want to donate? lol.

I'm glad there's a thread like this here. There's one on the supraforums that I enjoy, and I thought about starting one if there wasn't one. :D

Rewired the stereo system. After installing a Deka lightweight battery, it became apparent it did not have enough amp-hours to run two amps (watching the AFR gauge bounce to the beat of the sub was funny.....for 5 seconds). I rewired the 4-channel amp to drive all speakers and the sub. The sub bridged channels 1 and 2 and the speakers are driven off of 3 and 4. So far it seems to have worked. No AFR bounce at idle with the electric fan on.

I didn't do anything today, But a few days ago I ordered some Bumpsteer spacers, some Z books, Fidanza Flywheel, and Hopefully a BRE style rear wing this weekend. Then I will be saving up for some Tokico adjustable shocks, Dual friction clutch, and The modern Motorsports Rear brake brackets. Then ASAP some 16x10 and 16x9 Diamond racing wheels and some tires then a whole bunch more off the list of endless parts including Manual swap. <_<