HybridZ

this Z is amazing

That is as good as they get. A 432Z in the original orange color, I do not remember the code.The wheels are 14x7 Watanabes, the way they came from the factory. There are only two original 432Z in the Untied States. The second one only arrived about eight months ago at a cost of $250,000. Both are in collectors hands.

Those wheels are definitely not the originals and did not come from the factory that way. I'm not sure on the claim that only 2 Z432s being in the US either, as I know the owner of one and have seen it with my own eyes. Maybe I'm just lucky...

FYI, the original 432 wheels look like this:

Z432_2.jpg

Z432_2.jpg

Hey! I think I know where that is! I was just there yesterday and that was NOT in the Gallery...

I, too would be interested in the whereabouts of a Z432 in America. I came within days of importing an original green 432 to the USA in 1989 and have recently been in contact with that cars owner... If there are other examples in the USA, I would like to at least know their geographic distribution... (PM Me if you don't want it public.)

423 motor, perfect condition S30 RHD = $100,000+

Museum quality $250,000 along with two GTRs at $250,000 each. The sale was made over the last year and arrived in America this summer. I do not not know much more about the sale other than they came out of a museum in Japan. The owners name I will not reveal but they are in the Bay Area.

Wheels look to be Watanabes. The paint color is probably an original Datsun color code and the exhaust is the stock PS30 piece.

Here's a link to the 432 registry: http://www.geocities.jp/ps30diy/genzon/kekka.html

Plenty of them came in that orange color.

The other guys are also right in stating that the original standard wheels would have been 14x5.5 magnesium pieces.

First it's NOT an "Ansa Exhaust", it's a NISSAN exhaust. There is a Nissan Part Number for it. The extractor exhausts sold in Japan for years replicated this exhaust system.

As for the 'magnesium wheels' being standard on the 432, that is also incorrect. They had a magnesium wheel OPTION, but most were shod with standard ZS style standard stamped steel wheels and bias ply tires---the cheapest thing available to roll the car off the transport under the thought that the car will be used in competition and whatever wheels it's sold with would be used for roiing transport and not ever really used on the car for anything other than that!

I had the exhaust page stored on my computer, but I can't find it now...damnit. It's in the exhaust section of the 1972 Fairlady Z parts catalogue. The same exhaust (or very similar) is on the Rally Car I posted photos of earlier yesterday as well. It was a standard design for Nissan.

Shoot, I knew they came with steelies too because the race teams would want to swap 'em out later. I only checked one or two sources to find the size, didn't bother to make sure which was truly standard.

-edit-

Here's a book reference to that same scenario on the Z432-R model:

Google Books

Edited by blue72

The picture of the Z432 Leon posted, is not sitting on Z432 magnesium wheels, from what I can see it is sitting on Works Rally wheels (originals or replicas). Similar unless looked at together. The Z432 magnesium wheel has a protruding center to the wheel, with a cap.

As for the 'magnesium wheels' being standard on the 432, that is also incorrect. They had a magnesium wheel OPTION, but most were shod with standard ZS style standard stamped steel wheels and bias ply tires---the cheapest thing available to roll the car off the transport under the thought that the car will be used in competition and whatever wheels it's sold with would be used for roiing transport and not ever really used on the car for anything other than that!

THANK YOU! I was just about to post that they came with steel wheels off the line. This was under the assumption that whoever was purchasing the car would be their own aftermarket 'racing' wheels on the car.

The picture of the Z432 Leon posted, is not sitting on Z432 magnesium wheels, from what I can see it is sitting on Works Rally wheels (originals or replicas). Similar unless looked at together. The Z432 magnesium wheel has a protruding center to the wheel, with a cap.

Exactly.

The car in the picture Leon posted is actually a PS30-SB Fairlady Z432-R model, which came from the factory with 4.5j x 14" steel wheels as standard equipment. This particular car ( it was photographed on the ground floor of the old Nissan HQ in Ginza, Tokyo - now closed.... ) is wearing aluminium replicas of the Nissan works Kobe Seiko 'Rally Mag' magnesium wheels in 7j x 14", which were manufactured around 10 years ago by Revive Jalopy. They are not the same as the narrower standard Kobe Seiko 432 magnesium wheels, as RIP260Z has pointed out, although quite similar.

To clarify about the stock wheels on the PS30 Fairlady Z432 model: Stock fitment was the magnesium wheel, although they were listed as an extra-cost option on at least one official Nissan document ( hence some of the confusion ). In practice, 99% of 432s left the factory with the KS magnesium wheels. It was the 432-R model that was given steel wheels as stock equipment, with the owners expected to change them for wider racing wheels ( such as the 10j and 8j magnesium KS eight spokes in the 432-R Sports Option parts list ).

The car in the original post is a Z432 which is wearing later RS Watanabe 8-spokes. It is colour code 918 'Grand Prix Orange', and is fitted with the standard 432 / 432-R dual pipe exhaust system, which was listed as an extra-cost option for the L-series engined Fairlady Z models in Japan too.

Hope that helps.

Alan T.