HybridZ

Lug Pattern

If the stock pattern is 4x114.3 and you get wheels with a 4x114 will they work?

I seems like 1.5mm on each side is less than the play that is built into the wheels. I know my factory ford truck wheels have alot more play between the studs and wheels holes than that.

Wondering if this would be ok. Any opinions?

Thanks

I seems like 1.5mm on each side is less than the play that is built into the wheels. I know my factory ford truck wheels have alot more play between the studs and wheels holes than that.

Thanks

You're thinking about it wrong. Its not the play in the holes in the wheel, its how the studs will be bent inward by some amount when everything is tightened down. You're asking for stub failure by putting a shear load on the studs.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong. 114.3 - 114 = .3 mm 1mm = .040, so .3 mm is .012. Halve that and you're going to be out of center by .006" on each lug nut. I wouldn't think that would be so prone to failure. My inclination is that if someone is listing 4x114 wheels they're just being lazy and not putting the .3 on the end.

Thanks alot for the replies. The reason I'm asking is I have a chance to by some nice looking 17's w/500mi rubber for a few hundred bucks.(guy sold the car)

They came off a honda and are the duel use lug pattern wheels. I'm pretty sure the are konig zero-ins with kuhmo Kumho Ecsta AST 215/45r17's on them. They look like they should work but I haven't bolted them on since I need to get lugnuts. Not sure the backspace.

Anyone see any issues? Thanks again,

Brian

post-1147-017747100 1288808569_thumb.jpg

Thanks

LOL We're actually debating this??

http://www.google.com/search?&q=4.5in+in+mm

Curse you imperial measurement system!

P.S. Where did 1.5mm come from?

Edited by getoffmyinternet

Watch out for the center hole diameter in the wheel. The S30 cars need an inside diameter of 3 inches (~75mm) to clear the bearing protrusion on the front hub. If you do not have this clearance then the wheel will not fit flush on the hub and this can result in several problems, and is not safe.

I have had to increase this opening on several aftermarket wheels to get them to correctly fit on the S30 cars.