HybridZ

autozone fuel injectors

zdude123

I did some research on the autozone fuel injectors and found some good ratings on them so i gave them a try and picked up 6 fuel injectors for my 1983 280zx turbo motor. When i tryed to install them they did not fit correctly. The tip of the injector did not fit snug in the injector hole. It felt kinda loose and it doesnt fit in the injector holder peice. Can someone please help me. Pleae keep your rude comments to yourself. I came here for some help and yes i used the search function/button first. IF you need some pics ill be more than happy to take some and show you guys.

Thanks

Describe how they look compared to the old ones that you took out. Add an Autozone web site link to the specific injector that you bought. Take before and after pics. Did you get new injector seals (rubber seals between the injector and manifold) also? Maybe they are the problem.

Just trying to help. There's no way of telling what you really bought, from your question.

possibly the wrong part, ive had my fair share of those situations. . . i got a fuel pump for my 80 na and it LOOKED similar until i tried to put it on. ended up being wrong part. go back and double check part numbers is what i would do, then go from there...

I think the o-rings/seals that are on my motor right now are old so i think that might be the one of the problems. I just ordered a set of new o-rings/seal online. Ill make a short video if that helps alot more. I double checked the receipt and called the store to make sure i had the right part.

Here's a link to the part

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Gp-Sorensen-Fuel-Injector/1983-Nissan-Datsun-280ZX/_/N-ikmwtZ8vd08?counter=0&filterByKeyWord=fuel+injectors&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=79703_0_5560_