HybridZ

Fastener suppliers

rossman

I'm looking to replace most of the suspension and drive train fasteners on my S30. The majority of them are M10 x 1.25. That thread combined with zinc plating and class 10.9 seems to be fairly hard to find. The Ace near my house has them but not in the quantities that I need and they are a little expensive at $1.50+ per bolt. Plus, people tend to mix up the bolts so you're never sure what you're getting.

Anyway, I'm looking for a good online source for these type bolts.

Anybody ever order from Allens Fasteners? Prices look good at less than half Ace's.

I couldn't find anything in class 10.9 in M10x1.25 on McMaster at all with a standard hex head!

Is class 8.8 not strong enough? That's what I used when I went through my suspension and the factory hardware was in poor shape.

In class 8.8 prices range from 35 to 65 cents per bolt (plus shipping) for fully threaded bolts, depending on length.

If you pay with PayPal or your credit card you shouldn't have a problem getting your money back if things don't follow through.

If it gives you some peace of mind, you can always shoot Allensfasteners a call or an email at 1.909.223.8347 or allensfasteners@yahoo.com.

With the way the contact info is given, I would guess that it's a guy running it from at home (PO box for address, yahoo email, cell number, etc.). :)

Tacoma Screw Products. Don't cheap out on fasteners. FYI... most all of the fasteners on the S30 are still available new from Nissan.

I hear ya about cheap fasteners. Problem is, I think the fasteners most suppliers are selling cheap, i.e. low quality fasteners. How can I tell the difference?

I hadn't actually thought of getting them from Nissan. :oops: I'll give Courtesy Nissan a call in the morning.

I've had good luck with fastenal.com . . . even if there isn't a local one, the website is pretty good. Reasonable shipping, and they've got just about anything you want, in any grade/finish you want. Might be expensive if you only want a few pieces here & there, though. Usually when I get something, I'll buy a pack of 50 for the same price a local retailer will have for 2. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I've had good luck with fastenal.com . . . even if there isn't a local one, the website is pretty good. Reasonable shipping, and they've got just about anything you want, in any grade/finish you want. Might be expensive if you only want a few pieces here & there, though. Usually when I get something, I'll buy a pack of 50 for the same price a local retailer will have for 2.

I use Fastenal. I have never needed anything they didn't have.

Hard to beat that! Same day shipping and free over $75, not bad!

:2thumbs: