HybridZ

Hood: Swap Tension Rods for Struts?

datsundave

Jon, I think he is talking about 'hood lifts'. I've seen the conversion as well. I'll do some digging when I get a break.

EDIT: Drats, Waddie beat me to the punch.

Thank you I did not think I was crazy but you never know. I think the hood lifts are what I'm looking for they use a gas strut instead of tension rods.

The tension rods are taken off and you mount a gas strut to the the car and other end is on the hinge mount some thing like this don't know munch some details

may not be wright.

Edited by datsundave

Almost $200 shipped for something that does the same job as a part you already have, and doesn't do anything performance wise... that's a hard pill to swallow. That being said it the tension bars are a pain to work with, plus it might make it easier to place an intercooler, and I'm already removing the hinges to have them replated... Might have to look around for another source, or bite the bullet with these... anybody ever order from these guys before?

This is what i was looking for. I wonder if we can do this a lot cheeper

with out buying their kit i will try it and let every one that would like

know if it works what it cost and parts used.

Check out mcmaster-carr. I have bought gas springs from them for custom hood hinges I made and to retrofit some on another project. Small ones that look like the ones in that kit start around $10 each and can come rated from 15lbs to 130lbs.

Check out mcmaster-carr. I have bought gas springs from them for custom hood hinges I made and to retrofit some on another project. Small ones that look like the ones in that kit start around $10 each and can come rated from 15lbs to 130lbs.

Thanks I will check them out thats a great price. I just think $200 is a little much as someone else said. But it would be nice for fitting an intercooler.

• 1 month later...