HybridZ

70 240z how rare?

I just picked up at 70 240z with a running l26 built by z dr all for 550!! did I get a good deal? my plans are to drop a l28et in it that im getting from a friend, the z has a 5 speed to.

Photo0033.jpg

Photo0032.jpg

Photo0031.jpg

Photo0030.jpg

It has no exhaust after the header how much could I get a stock exhaust after the header? if anybody has one let me know.

You got an amazing deal. I wanted to jump on this car. If i had know he could have been talked down to 550 from his original price, that car would be sitting in my driveway right now. :angry:

How much rust does it have? The body looks good from the pics. Where do you live BTW? Im in Danville.

Good deal! especially for a 70, i picked up my 70 for 5k a few years ago with the original engine/trans also rebuilt by z doctor. What's VIN on the car? I got a few random parts from a series 1 so if you're looking for anything in particular, let me know and i might have it in my storage. Congrats on your recent purchase!

You got an amazing deal. I wanted to jump on this car. If i had know he could have been talked down to 550 from his original price, that car would be sitting in my driveway right now. :angry:

I'm sorry, I've got to read that as "I'm angry I didn't call." As making an offer on someone's vehicle is what buying a car is about. If you didn't offer, the only one to be mad at is yourself. You don't know if you don't call. You don't know if you don't ask. The reason the car isn't sitting in your driveway is there, not because you weren't a fortune teller!

As for the price, it's a good one. I'd be happy with the deal especially if you got title and paperwork with no back fees attached. It makes a project affordable to find one like that.

As for rarity, more so than boogers, less than hen's teeth.

haha ya sorry you didnt get the z bro,im just as big an enthusiast as you if not bigger, ive been workin on zs for years and I needed a new project ever since I lost my z31. Its been depressing to see all the zs drive by me lol. So I came across the deal and went to check the car out as soon as I found it on craigslist and ever since then I kept talkin him lower and got the deal I felt was right and picked up the car. No back fees so im just focusing on getting it on the street right now, Then the l28et, holset, and megasquirt gos in.

I'm sorry, I've got to read that as "I'm angry I didn't call." As making an offer on someone's vehicle is what buying a car is about. If you didn't offer, the only one to be mad at is yourself. You don't know if you don't call. You don't know if you don't ask. The reason the car isn't sitting in your driveway is there, not because you weren't a fortune teller!

Was that needed? I think not. <_<

haha ya sorry you didnt get the z bro,im just as big an enthusiast as you if not bigger, ive been workin on zs for years and I needed a new project ever since I lost my z31. Its been depressing to see all the zs drive by me lol. So I came across the deal and went to check the car out as soon as I found it on craigslist and ever since then I kept talkin him lower and got the deal I felt was right and picked up the car. No back fees so im just focusing on getting it on the street right now, Then the l28et, holset, and megasquirt gos in.

I like you friend... haha, I found it funny how you stated you found the deal and went check it out and so forth. You should give credits to those that deserve it... But indeed its a good find. Like I've told you, rarity not really.

Was that needed? I think not. <_<

Hello Fire, what was that you said? I'm what? I'm black? :rolleyes:

Was a statement that 'coulda woulda shoulda' appropriate?

Was yours needed---what did it add? I believe my post consisted of more than what you have quoted, whereas yours does not. Who's is really the most worthless then if we want to go down this road?

As Dray points out, it was his persistence and keeping at it that got him the car. Not wishing it was so, or looking to some crystal ball for devine guidance on 'who can be talked down or not'!

The art of buying old cars is 99% being in the right place at the right time, and 1% having the money when the two points coincide. Or I have it reversed. Either way, neither ratio swap involves 'wishing' to get it done. Both, however do require effort and capital to accomplish. B)

"haha ya sorry you didnt get the z bro,im just as big an enthusiast as you if not bigger, ive been workin on zs for years and I needed a new project ever since I lost my z31. Its been depressing to see all the zs drive by me lol. So I came across the deal and went to check the car out as soon as I found it on craigslist and ever since then I kept talkin him lower and got the deal I felt was right and picked up the car. No back fees so im just focusing on getting it on the street right now, Then the l28et, holset, and megasquirt gos in."

You wouldnt happen to own an orange street bike? 636 IIRC.

As for the price, it's a good one. I'd be happy with the deal especially if you got title and paperwork with no back fees attached. It makes a project affordable to find one like that.

As for rarity, more so than boogers, less than hen's teeth.

Really not mad, just making him feel good about his buy. I doubt the parents would be to happy about a 4th Z car sitting in the driveway anyways.

Oh did you ever end up picking that rhd260z up?

Edited by stravi757

That was a very strange duck indeed...

If you want to try to get that RHD, maybe it will go to you. I tried to schedule a firm price to know what $$$ to bring, and have him commit to that before I loaded up the trailer and drove 6 hours and the guy just stopped replying.

I was sorely disapointed, it was a car I really needed some components from to do mine up right. If there was someone local that could store it for say a month I'd pay a couple hundred bucks for pickup and storage on top of the price for buying it. The guy just didn't seem comfortable dealing with someone from LA who claimed he would drive up there on a weekend with cash 'sight unseen' for the car.

Even after I said "my agents have already been in contact with you and assure me it's what I am looking for" :D (Seriously! In reference to you and your PM's to me!) You said it was good, so I was all for it. Done deal (or so I thought.)

Apparently he didn't call you back either. I wonder if it's still sitting there. I'm coming home Thrusday, can be up there to snag it this weekend (again...) but the guy just responds slowly to e-mail and making calls from Shanghai will cost as much as the car!

Vere strange duck indeed. Normally storage places are cool with pickups. Very strange indeed.

That was a very strange duck indeed...

If you want to try to get that RHD, maybe it will go to you. I tried to schedule a firm price to know what $$$ to bring, and have him commit to that before I loaded up the trailer and drove 6 hours and the guy just stopped replying.

I was sorely disapointed, it was a car I really needed some components from to do mine up right. If there was someone local that could store it for say a month I'd pay a couple hundred bucks for pickup and storage on top of the price for buying it. The guy just didn't seem comfortable dealing with someone from LA who claimed he would drive up there on a weekend with cash 'sight unseen' for the car.

Even after I said "my agents have already been in contact with you and assure me it's what I am looking for" :D (Seriously! In reference to you and your PM's to me!) You said it was good, so I was all for it. Done deal (or so I thought.)

Apparently he didn't call you back either. I wonder if it's still sitting there. I'm coming home Thrusday, can be up there to snag it this weekend (again...) but the guy just responds slowly to e-mail and making calls from Shanghai will cost as much as the car!

Vere strange duck indeed. Normally storage places are cool with pickups. Very strange indeed.

I just e-mailed him about it again, see if i get a response. I am tempted to go back and see how bad the damage was again to the rear. My theory is the car was perfect but once they took it out of the storage unit it got damaged sitting out there by careless people. Its too bad, the car was very clean otherwise, I didnt see any major rust anywhere on it.

Okay this Thread is hard to follow... OP bought a car... YAY! it's a 70! Awesome, What's it's VIN number is what everyone wants to know. The rest of the posts are lamenting over the failed purchase of this same car, or what seems more likely is that it's a different car that didn't get bought, that has nothing to do with this thread.

So OP, Thanks for the pictures! it looks like an AWESOME deal for $550. Hopefully the rust isn't too bad at all.

Phar

you guys see the pic of my engine? look at the open vaccuum line pointing up to the left and right of each carb. What are those? I put vaccuum caps over those today, should they be open?

I don't see any vacuum lines open in your photos. I do see the bowl vents open to atmosphere---normally they go to the inside of the air cleaner via hoses to prevent a float based rich condition due to dirty air cleaners....but vacuum lines? Nada!

• 2 weeks later...