HybridZ

"Nominate" button for the Tool Shed

z2go

Hey mods, I have an idea, just throwing it out there... what if there was a button we could click for a thread to nominate it to go to the tool shed? I'm not sure if the site will let you do it... but I'm thinking of something similar to what Craigslist does. I hesitate to use the Report button, and I know you guys are too busy to really catch every useless post out there.

• Like 1

Theres a report button at the bottom, that's as close as I think we can get.

The report button, as far as I see it, should be used more for objectionable content and unruly members... not meaningless, lame threads. Unless the mods have a different take.

Being able to "vote up" ain't cutting it for ya?

But we only get one positive and one negative vote each day!

There are far too many good posts to like :)

I was really just seconding the motion of a "nominate/flag" option.

It also has a downside though. I could see it going overboard and sending an excessive amount of threads to the shed.

Edited by cockerstar

HybridZ is not a popularity contest. We're a dictatorship - a self-perpetuating autocracy weilding supreme executive power because a watery tart threw a sword at us. We are empererors because a moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at us.

HybridZ is not a popularity contest. We're a dictatorship - a self-perpetuating autocracy weilding supreme executive power because a watery tart threw a sword at us. We are empererors because a moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at us.

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries. Now go away, before I taunt you a second time!

But we only get one positive and one negative vote each day!

There are far too many good posts to like :)

I was really just seconding the motion of a "nominate/flag" option.

It also has a downside though. I could see it going overboard and sending an excessive amount of threads to the shed.

I only have been able to use one vote since I signed up. Or do I have to be a donating member?

• Administrators

I only have been able to use one vote since I signed up. Or do I have to be a donating member?

One of many bug in this forum software. The Vote is supposed to be once per day but once you vote, that's it, wont let you vote again at all, even for staff. On the list of bugs, this one is towards the bottom, probably wont get resolved for some time if at all. B)

Yeah no popularity contests here, well except for the "reputation" feature...

Voting on an individual post might muddy the forums, but voting on a thread as a whole for its value might be useful in bringing relevant knowledge to the top of searches etc., although in that case new content would have to struggle to compete with old stickies. The mods are pretty good about sending the bs to the tool shed though, so I say it's fine as is.

That said, I still wish we could create threads directly in the tool shed and save the mods some trouble, also being able to post derogatory satire on threads already sent to the tool shed would be nice, some of them are just hilarious.

Maybe there should be a feature to vote someone as "retarded poster of the day", or something of that sort. Then they would be labeled for everyone to see as an incompetent noob who didn't search before asking a question like, "whats the fuel pressure at idle on a stock l28e". It would be like having to wear the dunce cap :o . I know I would definitively think twice before posting!