HybridZ

LSx s30 Longtube group buy thread

Just got off the phone with Blake. Multiple headers are nearing completion; many have tubes welded to flanges, he's busy now welding the collectors to the tubes [collectors arrived this morning], will drill holes & weld O2 sensor bungs then complete each set as ordered [v-band connectors &/or high speed merge collectors, etc.]. SunnyZ is looking for a trailer as I type this note and anticipates his will be ready this weekend and his Z will be released from "long tube header demo custody"!

We owe Josey [sunnyZ] a big thanks for donating his LSX-Z as the long tube model - it's been there nearly a year!

Not withstanding any unanticipated delays we should all have our long tubes within a couple of weeks. SunnyZ gets his first then on down the line.

Hello all! I am EXTREMELY pleased to tell you that i now have my 280 back in custody.

As usual, I was blown away by the shop projects at 417.

Another thing, I took my T56 out of the car today, and it was a breeze! It almost looks like there might be room for an auto as well?... more to come on that....

Josey-post pics of the headers-I'm dying, here! Blake says he wants to wait to send my headers off for ceramic coating until he has all the other headers done and shipped (I guess he is in a groove and doesn't want to get detoured).

I was back in Mo. over Christmas and saw these in series...WOW, VERY nice. You guys will be so stocked to get these at your door !

Vince, nice to see you on hbz again!

Thanks David ! Been traveling for what seems like forever ! Made the final move to SoCal over this past Christmas.....wrong time of year for doing it I've found,lol.

Those of you who opted for the V-band clamp arrangement's will be soooo glad you did. All my recent turbo stuff has them and it makes everything easier.

Well I did the first plug swap with the longtubes on. It was a breeze on the passenger side, and only slightly more difficult on the drivers side. All told, took me probably 20 minutes. The #5 plug is quite tight on clearance, and i think a 90 degree boot might be necessary to keep the wire off the header. I have my rigged right now, but its far from permanent. I'll post pics later.

Anxious for pics that show ground clearance and how far back the collector is. Sunny, do you have a build thread out there in cyber space?

Indeed I do, and it needs updated.

I'll get some pics up here in the next couple days.

... This Organic Chemistry Lab / Lecture combo this semester is proving to be quite the commitment. ~6 hour PRE lab writeups, + 2-4 hrs post lab + lecture + recitation + the rest of school !

GAH so ready to be done

//End Rant

• 2 weeks later...

Spoke with Blake on my way home from work yesterday. He was getting the last of the header collectors welded to the headers [guess there's quite a bit of welding on 20 pair]. Boxes arrived late last week and is sourcing the last of the hardware. Seems as though there is a shortage of the oe multi-layer manifold gaskets available through GM...

Is there any news? Has anyone on the list gotten their set shipped yet?

Just got an email from Blake asking me to pay the $245 to pay for ceramic coating upgrade. He's ready to send them off to coating place. I gladly sent him the money via PayPal! Getting fired up! Will send pics when they arrive. Just bought a little heat blanket for my starter.