HybridZ

LSx s30 Longtube group buy thread

I'll ask the admins to add you today, while that happens please read the entire thread. Payment instructions are on page 1. I'm waiting a call back from the builder on production times and when he feels they can begin, as always I will keep you all posted via this thread.

Thanks

Read the entire thread! I am excited for these! My money is waiting! Thanks for adding me!

• 3 weeks later...

All, received an update this morning from our fabricator. I think he is as frustrated as we are-good news it he is confident we have the solution in hand. prior to committing to the other shop that will 'produce' the headers he asked me to reach out to all 21 of us on the list and reaffirm we are still 'in'. I apologize again for the extended delay, which [as you may guess] is far beyond my control.

note from shop owner we contracted for our group buy;

Hey guys just wanted to pass along some info, good and bad... the bender in California that i originally purchased the tubing from that gave the me run around has dropped the ball once again... after having the tubes for 4+ weeks i call them to get and update and they have not even begun building jigs to start duplication. I was livid.... I told them to send the parts back to me. I have found a new very reputable company that is more than willing to do the work for us. I have spoke with them, emailed them pics, discussed $ and the parts are on there way there as of today. i asked him about turn around time (since that has been the issue) and he says once he has the parts in his hand, a project of this size is about normal for them so he said 3-4 weeks DONE. my question to you is are your guys [myself, sunnyz and everyone else on this group buy] still wanting these, when we close the GP do i have committed money? i dont have the $ to pay for these out of pocket when they are all done. this is a big job. i'm going with 25 sets of tubes, presale plus 6 extra to be sold at a later date after the GP is over. I know sunnyz wants his car so im trying to wrap that up first and get him back on the road before the snow hits. lol! Again i apologize for this turning into such a big drawn out deal but these headers will be worth the wait.

Thanks

Here is our list of 21-please reply either by pm or to this thread that you are in [we hope] or...

David

1. 1vb - 1 tuff z - in

2. 1 - sunnyz - in

3. 1vb - evilc - in

4. 1 - Litman - in

5. 1vb - mpramsey - OUT

6. 1vb - RebekahsZ - in

7. 1vb mc - alainburon - in

8. 1[vb?] - blueshark123 - in

9. 1vb - nullbound - in

10. 1vb - neverenough - in

11. 1vb - svMike - in

12. 1 - Zzeal - in

13. 1 - zeeboost [1 7/8] - in

14. 1 - iHeartTouge - OUT

15. 1 - need4speed069

16. 1vb - akuma-z - in

17. JustAFantaZ - in

18. rags - in

19. BigPoppy - in

20. 78 LS2 Z - in

21. Joemama - in

Edited by 1 tuff z

Here is our current list...we now have 18. Keep in mind that pricing increases after production begins and up to that point we can add to the below list.

David

1. 1vb - 1 tuff z - in

2. 1 - sunnyz - in

3. 1vb - evilc - in

4. 1 - Litman - in

5. 1vb - RebekahsZ - in

6. 1vb mc - alainburon - in

7. 1[vb?] - blueshark123 - in

8. 1vb - nullbound - in

9. 1vb - neverenough - in

10. 1vb - svMike - in

11. 1 - Zzeal - in

12. 1 - zeeboost [1 7/8] - in

13. 1vb - akuma-z - in

14. 1 - JustAFantaZ - in

15. 1 - rags - in

16. 1 - BigPoppy - in

17. 1 - 78 LS2 Z - in

18. 1 - Joemama - in

19. 1 - h4nsm013m4n - in

Edited by 1 tuff z

Clive, Rags is in and we're at 19 total.

Spoke with our builder today. Tubes you've seen in prior pics should be in the hands of the cnc mandrel bender shop he found shortly [think in days]. Once the benders have the opportunity to inspect each of the 8 tubes, measured, angled, etc., they'll contact him with a final price on the bends/tubing. Assuming their original estimate with builder was close we'll be a go. Next step; benders build 8 tubes, ship them builder, he welds tubes to the flanges as well as oxy sensor bungs-all for the first pair - sunnyZ! Final inspection to ensure the bender guys have accurately reproduced the prototype tubes, builders' initial tubes were/are accurate [making any adjustments needed] and the headers still meet our criteria we'll be a go! Once welded he'll also be able to confirm primary sizing options.

So, our hopes are within a couple of weeks we can; begin production [sunnyz's first], post builder contact info here, have each of you contact, order, pay and such.

That is all the info I have for now and will post here when further details become available.

As always, many thanks for your patience!

• 2 weeks later...

[cut & pasted this message from the email Blake sent me less than an hour ago...] . The LSX long tube group buy now officially closed, if your name is not on the list, sorry. Good news is that after all on the list have their LT's you can purchase a pair, at a modest price increase...

Pricing info [from page 1 of this thread]:

-$825 per pair + shipping includes; oxygen sensory bungs tig welded onto collector tube, oem multi layer steel [mls] gaskets, header bolts, 3" collector [no flange or otherwise].

"Termination" options for collector:

-V-band connector $110 [includes 1/2 of v welded to collector, matching 1/2 to weld onto your exhaust and connector]

-High speed merge collector $325

All - please read the information below and contact Blake as soon as possible to provide him the details of your order, receive a total [based on your options] and remit payment. When you contact him [phone or email] be certain to provide him both user id and your 'real name' so he can pair them together.

"Well guys the Monday has finally came that I think a few were doubting they would see!!! LOL, Everything is a go!!! I have been in touch with the bender, flange cutter, and collector maker... they are all waiting on my call to say go! I do understand that there was one person requesting 1.875" headers, unfortunately I am unable to make them work so they will receive 1.75" headers.

My contact information:

417 Motorsports / Blake Hughes

326 N Kansas Exp.

Springfield, MO 65802

417-865-1314

Once I have provided you a total remit payment via paypal [please add 3% to cover their 'fee'] to: 417motorsports@gmail.com

This arrangement was based on the 19 sets pre-sold as part of the group buy and until all payments [19 customers] are received I will not go forth with the process - as I do not want to get stuck with 25 sets of these headers LOL. I will have pictures [which Josey-sunnyz or David-1tuffz will post] as soon as all parts are sitting in the shop and the fabrication and assembling takes place.

Josey [sunnyz] as soon as I have one set of these headers completed and test fit you will have your Z back!

The bender said 3-4 weeks tops and I will have the tubes here. The flanges get cut locally the rest of the parts are in stock at the vender

Thanks again for the opportunity to help the Z community,

Blake Huges"

Edited by 1 tuff z