HybridZ

LSx s30 Longtube group buy thread

News flash-we are 100% paid-thanks to all of you on this group buy for making my take of coordinating easy!

Just got off the phone with Blake, he ordered the tubes from the bender and expects to have them in 3-4 weeks. SS flanges, oxy sensors, header bolts & gaskets, v-band connectors, merge collectors, etc all ordered!

Gents-this could mean ss lsx long tubes by year end!

I think I'm going to pee myself...

Edited by 1 tuff z

Thank you for the reminder, as per your request here is pricing now the initial group buy has closed.

$925 Standard header set [same specs as on pg1 of this thread]

$125 V-Band connectors

$400 High-speed merge collectors

For anyone ordering now and the future contact Blake directly;

417 Motorsports / Blake Hughes

326 N Kansas Exp.

Springfield, MO 65802

417-865-1314

Two weeks ago you mentioned a modest price increase. Did you ever get that information?

Thanks

Thank you for the reminder, as per your request here is pricing now the initial group buy has closed.

$925 Standard header set [same specs as on pg1 of this thread]

$125 V-Band connectors

$400 High-speed merge collectors

For anyone ordering now and the future contact Blake directly;

417 Motorsports / Blake Hughes

326 N Kansas Exp.

Springfield, MO 65802

417-865-1314

Thanks! I will be ready for a set by next summer.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw those pics on Blake's Facebook page - looks like he's gearing up for some serious production!

Any of you worrying about the quality of his work, just pick up the Feb '12 issue of Car Craft, he built the cover car along with several others that have been featured in the magazine in the past.

When Cable started this whole thing (before 1tuffz) he talked about planning the headers such that one could install exhaust cut-outs. Anybody got any pictures of a z-car with exhaust cut-outs? I can't imagine where there would be room....Ideas, anybody? I'd like to have that option if it is possible.

Thanks for the experienced advice, I'll move on and put the money into my merge collector. Also planning to have Blake ceramic coat my headers. Will build my exhaust with v-bands and maybe I can just drop a section of exhaust pipe easily when loading car onto my trailer to have same effect as cutouts. Anybody have any experience with v-bands? I'm kind of fantasizing that they allow easy exhaust maintnenace for removal of parts like driveshaft, diff and sway bar. The bands are stainless, but the weld on sections seem to be raw steel, I'm planning to run aluminized tubing but hoping to find some v-band kits that are 100% stainless.

Here are some pics of my existing exhaust in my gallery [drivetrain folder]. When the longtubes arrive and are installed and the exhaust modified to mate with the new headers we'll install a v-band connector where you see the existing traditional 3 bolt flange in the single part [aft of the tranny]. Edited by 1 tuff z