HybridZ

RB25DET 280ZX

Yea either the s14 or the R32 subframes would fit....the s13 subframe was more available and after an intial fitment I liked where the wheels would be. I guess its just preference, I also plan on running fender flares with 255s all the way around. I also didnt want to make my own subframe attach points and the junk yard in the area had a few s13 so I was able to get the mount areas easily and for cheap. One JDM 2+2 build used the s13 subframe with R32 mounting points http://www.takkun.net/dri-z-000.htm I liked the way they swapped the mounting areas but I plan on a different approach for the strut towers. I think the subframe install starts at part 323 on the webpage... Im still searching for my damn camera cord so I can load more photos.

Yea I had not ruled out s14 shocks for the rear, I was still doing some reading on shock length and what not for the s14. So far I have gathered that the s14 shock is 5 to 8 inches in length compared to the s13 shock. Which would cover the distance needed for proper movement. I would like to test fit the S14 shocks before I make a decision.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I am 15 with limited finance and 3 s130 (79,80,81) i have 1 that has no motor or trans and the other 2 have more than 150k miles or so on the entire car. I have the tools and enough brains to do the engine swap (L28 to any RB series). I have several people that have experience enough to build any type of vehicle bottom to top, side to side. I thought about a V8 swap but ik a few people that have owned 280zx with 350 sbc motors and they complained that it shaked violently. Ik they just "Rednecked it" and just used the motor mount kit and Chevy rearend to do the swap. My grandfather left me the cars when he passed a few years ago. There all bone stock, and i just wanted to know where to start. And after installing the motor what else to do. Please share your personal experience. And please dont be a douchbag. Im just seeking guidance. With only the keys to each car a Chilton manual and what wisdom my pawpaw did teach me. God bless and DRIVE IT LIKE ITS STOLE!

-Dirty

Powder Springs, Georgia

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I am also waiting for this confirmation :) Been contemplating on which engine to put into the 280ZX and RB25DET is the direction i'm heading. 

On 8/5/2018 at 2:04 PM, 280zxRSA said:

• 1 year later...
On 8/5/2018 at 6:04 AM, 280zxRSA said:

Also busy with the same swop and would like confirmation of this. 

Do you use these rubber mounts with which of the metal mounts that attach to the block?

How about assisting the OP instead of bugging him with questions, he still have to finish it FFS.

For positive attention this topic would have been better off in Member's Projects.

Edited by 260DET