HybridZ

Installed Tokico Springs

Need advice:

My wife received an 83ZX from her dad who now has an 03-350ZX. The right rear sat low and the car squatted when while driving off. I installed a set of Tokico springs and has I removed the old springs and installed the new ones they did not require to be compressed to get them on.

What did I miss? Should I have installed a different type of strut (only a year old)? What keeps the spring in place during wheel travel?

I searched the forums and did not see a specific answer. Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff

Yup it's all good. Completely normal to not use a spring compressor on the rears since these are lowering coils. I've got the HPK255 in my NA right now. It's the very first performance upgrade I'd do to any S130.... I'd like to see them a little stiffer by about 50lbs in the rear as it does still squat a little more than I'd like to see.

Edited by FricFrac

Like suggested ( it is a legal requirment for our yearly inspection in europe) 'ziptie'them down!

Most pearches have little holes. I use safetywire to do it, this way they stay in place, and you can have your wife driving it with peace of heart!

Thats kind of interesting to know, that you didn't need a spring compressor to install the springs. I am getting ready to out the HP lowering kit on my ZX and we trying to find somewhere to compress the springs. Did you do the front too? Same?

Lol I just put Swift spring in my 370Z and they are the opposite of the stock springs. They were longer and harder to compress. We had to drop the car on the front springs to get them to compress since the top section is wound to tight to get the compressor in and the more open section didn't have enough to get them to get the locking nut on the top of the strut. It was a pain to get it to line up with the hole in the strut tower but after some messing around we got er'.

• 2 weeks later...