HybridZ

On most modern cars when you hit the a/c button the button is connected directly to the ecm for the engine.The engine ecm controls the cooling fans and the a/c compressor.Why-engine speed-up on a/c request is obvious.But the ecm does things that most people do not notice-like cut the a/c clutch at WOT throttle and kill the fans at cruising speed even if the a/c is on.A/c will require a very well designed fan/shroud system.

Resurrecting this from the past. I just received a Vintage Air Compact unit. I didn't realize there is no fresh air supply. Looks like I might be able to install the OEM fresh make up air damper, if I take it off the old heater fan motor. It would be pretty hard to get it to plumb directly into the Vintage Air unit, but would at least supply a source of fresh air to draw from when open. Anyone else do anything else like this?

I have been researching Vintage air (actually just purchased a Gen II mini). I read somewhere that Vintage Air does not recommend a fresh air intake. For my car, I am going to block off the cowl hole for the original HVAC, but leave the vent ducts, so if you want fresh air you can pull the cable.... or open a window.