HybridZ
Sign in to follow this  
Chickenman

Del-A-Lum LCA bushings

I  had a 240 with eccentric LCA bushings. They  were  pulled from service in poor shape. The aluminum had deep groves, Bushings tapered. (Maybe from the arc generated by the TC arm). They were made to run without lube.  

The aluminum is to soft for good soft for good wear resistance. If you can keep  the dust out and lube it,service  life may be OK for weekend use. 

I have Moly filed Delrin on the inside of the rear a-frames. They have about 30K on them. The heat from the exhaust warmed one next to it and it would stick. Had to increase clearance from .002 " too .010". 

Next time I will use PEEK or Torlon with a mono ball in the front. 

Just a bad design and were a bad idea for a single LCA design with Mac Strut. . The Herb Adams Del-Alum bushings for Upper and Lower controls rams Use a hardened aluminium outer casing, very thick with a thin Delrin Liner and a hardened inner steel sleeve. They are greasable. All the movement is between the Liner and the greased inner steel sleeve.  The Delrin liner does not move in relation to the outer shell. The Zerk fitting pins the two together. Well engineered and they last darned near forever. 

Edited by Chickenman