HybridZ

This is a Hybrid forum.. so what car can we put a L28ET in..

Guest ON3GO

As some of you know im going to be building a full on drag L28ET motor that will look stock on the outside. will be used for racing (drag) and to take ppls money with. yes i know i know its bad, but hey im young and stupid.

:twisted::twak: .

heres the link on the engine..

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=104137

now i dont want to use a Z for this engine/project. not many ppl will race it, even for money and even if they dont think it has anything. Us Houston Z guys have a real hard time getting money races, so prob no Z for me... not for this project atleast.

i was thinking a oldschool RWD Maxima.. as it has a L28 in it already, it will look right at home in it, and since i want a Auto for this engine it will look nothing more then a old POS thats auto lol.

but... there heavy, and hard to find. its still my 1st choice thought.

So question.

anybody know of somebody putting a L28ET in a 200sx S12 or Datsun roadster?

i know putting this engine in a roadster would ruin what the car was made for but i dont car, it will be just for drag racing so i dont care if it wont handle worth a damn.

anybody have any ideas for what this engine could be put in, sorta easliy? as i dont want ppl to think it doesnt belong in the car.

as ill be poping the hood to show ppl whats under the hood i dont want ppl to think "whoa something isnt right here.."

prob with the roadster it might pop a few eyebrow but then again not alot of ppl with know what it is or what engine it came with.

it has to be a nissan car as its a nissan engine, remember gotta look at home in the car, nice and normal... they dont have to know its a 500+rwhp car :)

mike

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this would be perfect:

shb407yjpg.jpg

It's a datsun/nissan laurel C31 1982. I have one similar to the one pictured. It has a l24 carbed engine with a 3 speed automatic. A solid rear axle and it only weights something like 1150 kg (about 2500 lbs). It would be easy to trim the weight down a bit because this car has electric everything. The brakes are the same as my 1977 260Z.

Why not put it in a 240Z again? Stock, they are very slow, and they look it. No front airdam, some 280ZX wheels and some drag radials... Boom. Done.

Besides, do you think real street racers are so stupid to think you would even consider running them in a "stock" early 80's Maxima? I mean come on... I have street raced for many years, and have learned a hell of alot. One thing I learned was that if a steaming pile pulled beside me and wanted to race for money, there was a very good possibility that that car hammers.

The trick is to use a car that has performance potential but appears to have been untapped. THINK PEOPLE!

One thing I learned was that if a steaming pile pulled beside me and wanted to race for money, there was a very good possibility that that car hammers.

That's what I was thinking.

Or you can put stickers/wing/fart can on the early 80s maxima, that could tip the scales back in your favor. They'll be blinded by ricer-rage and want to take your money.