HybridZ

John Hunter Dailey from NC

EvilC

I now know why people do this, please read and tell me if I am wrong here!

Many may know me already via Ebay, HBZ, or just in person. I am Clive aka EvilC aka 73evilz from NY. This is my first and hopefully last bad transaction with a fellow Z owner. Here is the email I sent to John earlier today:

Thank you for hanging up on me twice today and when I called you back, I was told by your mother I could not speak to you. I have CC'd Charlie to this email, so I can get the full story and he can also before I give him a call. John, we are in a small Z community and from what I learned in the past two years is that there are great people all around the world in it. I have made several new friends over the years and in many different areas. One thing I have also learned is that being honest takes you a very long way. I have had plenty of help from people in the Z world just because I have been honest and my name/actions take me a far way. As of today, we spoke about the D hubcaps you sold me. They were described to me as, NOS, never mounted, slight flaws due to age and in the original box. The day I got the hubcaps, I emailed you to let you know I was not happy with what I bought from you. The hubcaps were used/mounted, has grease on them, had bent tabs were is appears someone pried them off of a rim, missing paint and were not in the original boxes...instead 1995 Nissan Altima boxes. I told you please refund my $750 and I will not ask for the shipping price you charged me and I would also shipped them back to you on dime. You told me, to bad I already paid for them and that Dan and Charlie said that what I paid was a fair price. I agreed with you, that might have been true but it is not what I was willing to pay. You may have told everyone else that you had used or not so NOS hubcaps and they may have said $250 is fair but you NEVER told me that you believe they are used and not NOS. I emailed you and called telling you, I do not believe you try to rip me off or anything. I did not believe at all we would be going through this for a refund a day after I got the hubcaps. If I contacted you 2 or 3 months later I can see us going through this but not within 8 hours of me getting them. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that you were having a bad day and you can see you are not being fair nor reasonable. I do not see where the problem is, if we both agreed on the phone that the item you described to me is not what I got even if you or someone else may feel it market price. I have no problems with Charlie or Dan, I just threw their names in there as they are your source of pricing. Like I told you before, your hubcaps are boxed and ready to be shipped back to you. After I get the refund and you get your hubcaps we do not have to speak anymore. I am sorry you could not have had a conversation with me like an adult like I was trying to do with you. As you are older than I am, I was having respect for you but please do not take me not getting upset on the phone as a sign of weakness. I will give you 24 hours to return my email or phone call so we can work this out. If I do not hear from you I will give you a call and please do not hang up on me because it is very rude. If I do not hear from you at all, I will be forced to take legal actions against you because I do have all of our conversations via email. Words and pictures will speak for themselves. Have a wonderful day and hope to speak to you soon.

The email I got back after I sent him a second email that had an email he sent me explaining they were new in the box was:

Clive,

I wish you the very best. Don't e-mail or call me anymore. -John Hunter Dailey

All of this took place within 48 hours! I have emails going back to day one explaining to me that they are NOS in the orginal boxes. This has been a true test of my character.....I have not yelled nor cursed at John for the way he has treated me.

$750 that I saved up...gone...taken by someone who I thought was a Z brother.

Thanks Dave, I saw those today myself. I will be going to small claims court to fight this one out. I know it will be long and painful but it is worth a shot. I have my facts and we shall see if the truth comes out of all this. Just still can't believe after all this time, I ran into someone like this in the Z world. Sucks.

Guys, I will never treat any of you this way! I paid with a US money order and sent it before he sent the package, like he wanted. There are a few people who know who he is. He is a member for the Triad Z club in NC.

I am just thinking is it worth going through the small claims...I am here NY he is in NC. My aunt that is a lawyer wants me to go for it......240ztt how is it turning out for you?

Thanks Mike for the comment.

Just to be clear, I am not seeking pitty...just want everyone to know about this guy and really trust those you know or people someone you know can vouch for.

EvilC Sorry you are going through this. What's wierd is I am a member of the triad Z Club and I don't remember his name. I have never met anyone in our club that would seem to act that way. I looked at our members list on the website and I don't see him listed on it: http://www.triadzclub.com/index.asp?inc=members

I'll ask some of our members and the club president.

I wish you luck in getting your money back. I don't know how people can be like that!

I just heard from our clubs president. John has never been a member of our the Triad Z Club. He doesn't really know him. I also asked a couple of other long term members, they dont know of him either. Maybe part of the Raligh club?

I'm not sure he is a current member of the Triad Z Club. I don't have the paid member list in front of me. I think he may have shown up to one or two shows over the past 7 years. I don't recall ever seeing him at a club meeting in that time or more.

I guess we can add him to the same list Jim Edwards is on.....

Alan

The court papers were filed in Bertie county, east of Rocky Mount near the coast. That doesn't mean he lives there, just where the action took place.

I haven't heard of the guy. Where does he live?

jt

He has come to several of the Triangle Z Club shows but is not a member AFAIK. I talked to him at the last show and he seemed to be a nice enough guy. Kept insisting that Bernard Goetz designed the 240z, though. :-(

He lives in the eastern part of the state - Washington? Whiteville? Starts with a W. Coincidentally, my neighbor used to babysit him when he was a kid! Maybe I should send her down there to straighten him out!

EvilC, I'm sorry you are tangled up in this and hope you can get a satisfactory resolution.

240ztt how is it turning out for you?

Clive,

My guy is in CA and I am in MD. I filed a small claims case through my local district court. It cost me $30 for court fees and to mail him a certify letter. He has some time to respond and or pay me to include my court costs. If not, he is ordered to come to court here in MD. I filed in February and the court date is in May. If he fails to show I win and then he has a judgment against him.

Now how I will “legally†collect will be another story. :hs:

To clear up the record JHD is NOT a member of Triad Z club. When he spoke to me, he just threw their name out there. I am telling you guys this because I am only stating facts. Also, Dan is Dan Banks......Charlie is Charlie Oz from Zeddfindings....some of you may know who these people are. I have NO problems with them at all....just stating how far JHD went to make a point that these are his friends and what he was selling me was NOS stuff.....

I would love for John to come online and explain his side. There are always two sides to a story. I already know his side: he feels what I paid was a fair price for it in the condition I got it in even if they were not as nice as he said they were. Therefor he says, he does not feel bad keeping my money. When you break it down, John, I paid for what you described to me not for what I got.

To make this easy for some people to understand where the prob is......

If someone told you, I have this brand new Benz with 1,000 miles and I will sell it to you for $25,00......you will buy it because you are getting a deal! Upon picking up the car, you see it is used, 12,000 miles, few paint chips and a light broken...you would be very upset.....even if the car is worth the selling price in the condition you got it in....it is not what was told to you what you would be getting....

Being misleading to make a sale and then when you get caught....tell someone to be happy with what they got and what you got was good enough.....

Not good.

And to the guys in the NC Z club's please do not take this as me throwing a shot at you guys as a group. I just mentioned where he told me he is from and clubs who know him best. I am sure John most times is a very nice guy, this is the reason why I trusted his word and even said to him...you must be having a bad day....hope he proves me right.

Clive

I don't feel like you were taking a shot at us (TriadZClub) I was first amazed that someone from our small club would do that. Every one I know in our club is outstanding and helpful. EVERYONE!! That is why I was so surprised! I feel bad for your miss fortune in this whole matter. I hope it works out, but it looks like this guy is being deceitful. Well if he is still living with him mom and she is answering the phone..... LOL That is a lot of money to loose. I know you must be VERY UPSET! I wish you the best of luck getting it back.

I hate that he has even showed up to a Triangle Z Club meeting, He must not be a member because I don't know of any of our members that would even think about doing this. I hope things work out for you Clive.