HybridZ
gvincent

Seat swap list for s30's

Wedge    12

Didnt have any info back on dc2 .I wrote to couple shops who have them and didn't even write back and some want me to pay them to slap a tape measurer on it ! I'll probably just buy a set and try it since they are easy to sell to civic boys.

Edited by Wedge

Rinzler    0

Hi everyone, this is my first post here but just bought a 280Z and super excited!

Anyway, I have been doing some research and from what I know, only seats 17" or less fit without doing any modification. I was hunting through google and found this thread on a miata forum...

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/what-race-seat-for-the-miata/5514/page1/

The second poster informs OP that there is only 17" of clearance for aftermarket seats much like the 280Z. However if you scroll down to roughly the 10th poster, he installed a Cobra Monaco S seat in his miata without much modifying other than making a custom bracket. I did a little research on this seat and it says its width at the base is 19.5". Dont know if this seat would work, but if the miata has supposedly the same room as our 280Z then technically wouldn't this seat work?

Thanks,

Mike

miky360    2

DC2 Recaro Speed seats fit a 280z. Just did a test fit today. You're gonna have to mash the tunnel hump and get custom rails and sliders because the ones I test fitted were too wide. I believe they we DC Sport rails. But regardless you're gonna need custom rails and sliders

miky360    2

Does anyone know if Recaro Speed seats will fit in my 77 280z? I don't mind smashing in the cat hump. I will use the existing factory slides as I hear that most aftermarket brakets don't work.

Thanks

BostonZman (6500 miles on 77)

I dont know if you're serous...

gvincent    14

Bostonzman, how did you make out with the Corbeau LG1 seats?

I am focusing on reclining aftermarket seats that will take a harness now.

Have a ZCCNE member with Corbeau seats in his 280Z but he has to bend the lumbar wings to get the doors to shut, the car is in storage right now so I don't know the exact model seat.

anybody else have any lick with reclining aftermarket seats that can take a harness?

How about the Sparco R100? Corbeau A4? Cobra?

Edited by gvincent

bombsquad    0

Corbeau seats..The shoulder wing is a little wide and barely touches the door when closed.  They are great driving seats but horrible traveling seats.  I drove cross country and they left a lot to be disired!  But for mountain driving they are excellent!!  I did not do the install so I am not sure what it took to get them in there.  But when doing an install make sure you try closing the door with the seat in place to make sure it doesn't touch.

HLS3093084-161_zps366f2bf5.jpg

HLS3093084-131_zpsd42c4988.jpg

gvincent    14

Corbeau seats..The shoulder wing is a little wide and barely touches the door when closed.  They are great driving seats but horrible traveling seats.  I drove cross country and they left a lot to be disired!  But for mountain driving they are excellent!!  I did not do the install so I am not sure what it took to get them in there.  But when doing an install make sure you try closing the door with the seat in place to make sure it doesn't touch.

HLS3093084-161_zps366f2bf5.jpg

HLS3093084-131_zpsd42c4988.jpg

What model Corbeau are those?

Do you think they would they fit a calorically challenged person in the 5'-9" with a 38" waist/235Lbs range?

bombsquad    0

What model Corbeau are those?

Do you think they would they fit a calorically challenged person in the 5'-9" with a 38" waist/235Lbs range?

They are the FX1 Pro i believe.  They might fit...I am 6'3 with a 33 in waist and have plenty of room.

The Corbeau sit states the regular FX1 will fit up to a 38 in waist while the FX1W (comes in black only) fits up to a 42 in.

Cheers,

Steve

Edited by bombsquad

LanceVance    20

What are those seats out of?  ^   ^

They are Recaro Classic model 'C', an aftermarket dealer option on various European cars during the late 70's early 80's.

Top of the line, no doubt; I would love to get my hands on some vintage Recaro goodness!

LanceVance    20

you can if you want to import from Japan.  Search recaro's on Ebay.

I've already got some Z32 seats waiting to be installed... That said, I always keep my eye out for some MKII GTI VW Recaros to pop up locally. Might justify a change in plans?