HybridZ

Rear Fender cut out for ZG Flare

I have my 280z rear fenders cut out for big tire and flaring. I understand that somewhere in here, there's a procedure of how to do it by tack weld the outer and inner fender back together. Here's my problem: I have my car stored about 40min away from my house, and I would like to drive the car back home. However, I already cut the rear fenders and have not yet weld back on. Can I still drive on a freeway about 60pmh for this one time?post-18790-054695700 1305140689_thumb.jpg

Thank all of you for these helpful info. I'll post up some pictures when everything is done, any comments or suggestions will be appreciated. So far I leave the original engine alone, but upgraded to ACT clutch, tokico illumina suspension( cut 1/2" more), 240z fiberglass bumper conversion, Rota deep dish 17x9front & 17x9.5rear, used 280z air dam ( got for free), 8000k HID kit with 7" round projector headlights, ZG fiberglass fender flares, and Motorsport type 2 fiberglass side skirts. My next round will be rear wing, rear skirt, upgrade brakes ( if I can find a cheaper way instead of buying the full kit), upgrade to cross flow radiator, upgrade to K&N intake with wider throttle body, and finally cover the beast up with gun metal or midnight blue paint. So, what do you guys think?

Thank all of you for these helpful info. I'll post up some pictures when everything is done, any comments or suggestions will be appreciated. So far I leave the original engine alone, but upgraded to ACT clutch, tokico illumina suspension( cut 1/2" more), 240z fiberglass bumper conversion, Rota deep dish 17x9front & 17x9.5rear, used 280z air dam ( got for free), 8000k HID kit with 7" round projector headlights, ZG fiberglass fender flares, and Motorsport type 2 fiberglass side skirts. My next round will be rear wing, rear skirt, upgrade brakes ( if I can find a cheaper way instead of buying the full kit), upgrade to cross flow radiator, upgrade to K&N intake with wider throttle body, and finally cover the beast up with gun metal or midnight blue paint. So, what do you guys think?

I think your cars sounds pretty nice my friend. Love to see pics when done.

• 1 year later...

Cut em high boys! higher than you think, and then cut them some more!

I cut and rubbed, then measured without springs and re-cut and I am still going in to make a 3rd higher cut on the back left after rubbing a little on a track day.

Edited by duragg

I cut ... One time, high .. and drove the piss out of it trying to get it to rub ... I think I'm good to tack it up, seal it and final mount the flares ;)

This was taken before I did my final adjustments for the ride height. 

2013-03-31_15-21-25_507_zpsf6f366fd.jpg

Edited by Poundz9oh9

• 2 weeks later...

I cut ... One time, high .. and drove the piss out of it trying to get it to rub ... I think I'm good to tack it up, seal it and final mount the flares ;)

This was taken before I did my final adjustments for the ride height. 

2013-03-31_15-21-25_507_zpsf6f366fd.jpg

NIce. What is your wheel and tire package?