HybridZ

We got hammered

cygnusx1

The problem is that this happened two months before Winter. Trees around here are not ready for a foot of wet snow in October. Nature's tree pruning services. I suppose we are good for another 20-30 years now.

Edited by cygnusx1

WOW that's quite the picture. And to think (rubbing salt in the wound actually) Up here in the Great White North, I had my convertable out yesturday for some top down driving, and took a leisurely drive up to Mosport to see the construction on the track, as well as the fall colours! :P

Now that I've said that, It'll be our turn soon. :blink:

Dave, normally we're getting hit with that upstate while downstate you're spared, reversal this time.

Every time I see a storm like this it makes me wonder why power/utility lines aren't underground...

It cost almost 2x times the cost to go underground. Plus the issue with property lines, gas lines, water ways and more! Also think about everytime there is a fault underground, the road has to be cut and repaired or someones lawn will have to be dug up.

It is NYS law any subdivision (4 lots or more) the electric service has to be underground. Look at the picture Dave posted, there is only about 5-8 houses on his street......cheaper to run overhead wire.

As long as you have a fire place and some family you're fine! Cygnus, don't you have a WOOD STOVE hellllll yah.

I tell yah what just sit down and have yourself a nice book, something warm to drink, with your fire going, playing this:

For someone like me... living in a dull apartment, everyday is exactly the same. Hell, Thanksgiving will come and go and you wouldn't even know it. To get my mood on, I use a fake fireplace.

Can you tell, I'm a big fireplace type of dude? Also, if it were me, since our wood stack started running short ever since I convinced Mom to STOP mowing down trees otherwise there won't be any trees left; I would take advantage of all the fallen wood. :D

jv3wv6.jpg

I like it but way too modest. Love the sterling fan or whatever you want to call it.

who07n.jpg

2uekw3t.jpg

Warm colors, fireplace as a centerpiece, keep it rustic. Unfortunately, I'm not one to just sit around a fire, I need to watch some TV too. :P

Edited by josh817